Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in 19138 : Real Estate Advice

  • All24
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling7
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 188
Wed Oct 10, 2012
Elisa Dewees answered:
Best thing to do is contact your mortgage company and ask them for options. Sounds like your plan would work to lower your payments.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 29, 2012
Tim Moore answered:
You call a Realtor and ask for a CMA on your house. It's free and about as accurate as you can get. Did I mention it is FREE?
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 25, 2012
Alan Openshaw answered:
Hello Sherrie,

There are three parts to this.

1. The title. You are both on that.
2. The note. Only one party is on that
3. The mortgage. That is the promise of the property as security for the note.

The question is How is the property titled.

If the two people are tenants in common then upon ones death the property interest goes to the estate.
If the two people own as tenants by the entireity, the property interest goes to the other.

As for the note to the bank. If it is not paid they will foreclose as the property is their security.

PS I am not an attorney, but if you want a good Real estate attorney I can recommend one.

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
NMLS ID 143960
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Dec 17, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Keep in mind that scam do exit and you may have stumbled upon a scheme, therefore consider reporting to the local authorities... ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 17, 2012
Paul Miller answered:
Hi Gene,
That really depends on the contract that you signed with the listing broker. Often times brokers will include exclusions if they are talked about up front. I'm also curious about what happens to the buyer you have, if one of the partners wants to buy you out. Not knowing more about the situation, the best thing I can tell you is to look at the contract and speak with the listing broker. Best of luck! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 25, 2012
Vicky Chrisner answered:
Your name is on the title it is your home. However, if it's underwater then the mortgage is due. If no one is paying it, it is or will soon be bank owned, and their name will be on the title. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 26, 2014
Ana Barlow answered:
Pennsylvania law requires that the homeowner fill out the sellers disclosure, sign and date. It is made available to all potential buyers.

Ana Barlow
The Barlow Group
Keller Williams Center City
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 14, 2012
Scott Maritzer answered:
Email me at and I will send you the data sheets that TREND provides based on the MLS.

Scott Maritzer
Prudential Fox & Roach
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 24, 2012
Linda S. Cefalu answered:
What????????? I hope your agent has a life or death emergency otherwise I cannot see any good reason for this request. In fact, it is a very bad idea for the home owner to be there during showings. This is what you pay your agent to do. ... more
0 votes 36 answers Share Flag
Tue May 15, 2012
Carolyn Mosley answered:
Shaju please call or email me I can help you out.

Carolyn Mosley
Re/Max Affiliates NE
267 971-9373
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed May 15, 2013
Hannah Angert answered:
Joe, You wouldn't be the first one to take a closer look at this section! Investment-wise, time will tell. There are some nice sized parcels of vacant land available and a variety of homes in need of extensive repair to be purchased. Low low taxes. Definitely worth a closer look. As development between 19th & 25th continues, it seems like a no-brainer for rentals and residential development. So convenient to 76 & 95, Penn, Drexel, airport etc.

Hannah Angert, Realtor
(215) 869-9571 or

William Festa Realty
3001 S. Sydenham St.
Philadelphia PA 19145
(215) 271-3000 phone
(215) 271-0988 fax
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 25, 2015
Fred Glick answered:
Hi June,

I am happy to help.

Check my recommendations from previous client here:

Call me at 215-852-4469 or email me

... more
0 votes 23 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 2, 2012
Tim Moore answered:
You will not get any answers here because commissions are not discussed here and we have no idea how much you owe on your house. Contact some real estate offices in your area and speak to a Realtor. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 28, 2012
Alexander Shulzhenko, ePro answered:
Hello G,

Please allow me to recommend Myself.
I have lived in Northeast for the last 20 years and know the area well.
I have over 7 years of experience and i am a very motivated individual.
I have an excellent Internet Marketing Strategy and will sell your home quickly.

Please call me or email me your phone number so we can discuss your goals.

Best Regards,

Alexander Shulzhenko
Realty Mark Cityscape
267 738 0886
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 24, 2012
Ana Barlow answered:

Do not hold off. Our company business is up 40% this February versus last February. Buyers are buying and interest rates are highly competitive - email me with your contact information and I will provide you with a Market Analysis based upon your property to discuss listing. I will find you a qualified buyer.

Ana Barlow Coldwell Banker Preferred Philadelphia
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 8, 2015
Tim Moore answered:
Hire an appraiser or contact a Realtor and ask them to do a free market analysis for you.
0 votes 21 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 16, 2012
Sharon Sapp answered:
Assuming there is no problem locking your door, if the person leaving the door unlocked is NOT your own agent, tell your agent that you expect him/her to assume the responsibility to verify the door is locked after someone is scheduled to be there. If it's your agent leaving the door unlocked, call his/her broker and say the same thing. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 15, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
You culd but it may honder your sale. Investors like having tenants however anyone looking to owner occupy it will want and need to have it vacant at closing in order to get a mortgage to buy it. A good listing agnet can assist you through the pros and more often cons of doing so, ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 22, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
Go down to the County Recorder's Office and request.
Probably cost you nominal fee.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 24, 2012
Scott Maritzer answered:
In short, have your realtor give you the information for what has sold. Evaluate the reasons those places sold.

Then have your realtor show you in person your competition. Check out some open houses and so forth.

Next make your house better then what you just saw and play up as many of the things you have that the other SOLDS have.

Times are tough so there is no simple answer, aka redo the kitchen, add a 1/2 bath. The answer lies in doing your homework, flushing out concerns and finding the true value in the home and playing off those.
... more
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice