Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in 19127 : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 187
Mon Feb 28, 2011
Tom Woods answered:
Deposit is required to remain in the broker's escrow account until all parties agree as to the distribution of the funds or until a court orders the broker to disburse the funds or until the broker asks the court to hold the money. But what is to be accomplished. I know that you would like the report. I know that the Agreement of Sale indicates that you are entitled to all reports but what would you like to do? Maybe sell your home? You can hold up the buyers' deposit but the buyer can hold up your house from clearing title for the next buyer. I think you would be better served to let it go, move on and possibly investigate any physical characteristics or areas of concern about your property before the next buyer comes along. In other parts of the country sellers do their own Home Inspection before putting their property on the market. This enables them to do what I just said and educates them and their agent to recognize a bogus Home Inspection if one should come along.
Thank you for reading.
Tom Woods, Associate Broker
CENTURY 21 Alliance
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 19, 2013
Carol Cei answered:
Hi, Belle,

Have you been contacted by anyone? If you know that the home has been purchased back by Freddie Mac you should contact them as they may have a special "new homeowner" initiative. They also my list the house for sale, so that would be the time to express your interest to the listing agent.

Good Luck with all.

Carol Cei
ReMax Action Realty
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 14, 2011
Don Maclary answered:
Relax, Just think of the broker as an agent with management skills as well and expect a smooth transaction
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 13, 2011
Doc & Ellen Stephens answered:
Ask your agent to withdraw the listing. You may be obligated to pay some overhead costs, depending on your listing agreement. If your agent is straight, they will want to help you to reach YOUR goals. Just be sure that, when you re-list it, you give them the first shot.

... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 1, 2011
Hello Sam, Since you do not have a realtor yet and are attempting to market and sell the home yourself. I would love discuss different marketing techniques and well as look at your home to see if I have a possible buyer.
Please feel free to email me at 267-253-0216.

Best Regards,

Lee Stiber
Keller Williams Real Estate
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 11, 2011
Scott Godzyk answered:
Charlotte the costs will vary depending on what you are purcahsing, you shoudl contact your agent or loan officer for exact costs of your purchase
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 13, 2010
Erica Ramus, MRE answered:
Wed Jun 19, 2013
Maura Mcdonnell answered:
6% is not allowed for Conforming loans. 6% is allowed for FHA. Many 1st time home buyers do not have the required funds for down payemtn and closing costs -- thus asking for the assist. Look at the NET # you walk with. Talk to your realtor and focus there rather than the amount of Assist.

... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 19, 2013
Erica Ramus, MRE answered:
Trust your attorney's advice! If I were your agent, I would reply "I don't care what you are comfortable with, Mr. Buyer, but the seller is under no obligation to reimburse you for your inspection fee." They rolled the dice and chose to walk. They are out the $495, in my own opinion and I would hold fast to that.

I would indeed ask for a new release to be written. Have your agent write it up, you sign it and offer their deposit back and not a penny more.

Ask your attorney: why could this buyer put a lis pendens against your home? I have never heard of such nonsense
... more
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 13, 2010
Scott Miller answered:
Hi Leigh. Call Temple University's Off-Campus Housing's Office. They will give you a list of properties and owners to contact. Stay as close to Broad Street as possible and make sure you're in a well-lit area. If there are Temple flags flying from the street poles on the block, chances are Temple security will be doing patrols. Better yet, call them, too, and ask if they patrol the address you settle on.


Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 17, 2010
Kevin Olson, Jessica Laude answered:
Once in awhile you can find a seller who will trade homes with you, but this doesn't happen nearly as often as it used to. The only times I've seen something like this happen are when both parties involved have both homes involved fully paid off. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 27, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
Unfortunately, Trulia does not allow for sale by owner posts, you can however blog about your property--if and when you do list with an agent, he/she can do it for you, just ask--or consider any flat fee realty company that feeds into Trulia. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 19, 2012
Eric Thompson - Coldwell Banker - answered:
If you can inexpensively convert to a 2 bedroom unit and are left with two decent sized rooms you're probably better off making the two bedrooms in most cases. There are buyers who are search for a mininimum number of bedrooms and by having 2 instead of 1 you open yourself to more possible buyers. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 7, 2010
Maria Morton answered:
You can find some of the best agents in the business in Philly at
Investors: do you want an investor to back you in the rehab, buy and rehab themselves, or a private money lender to finance a FSBO transaction? ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 4, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
Each state has a different set of laws regarding eviction, so a template from another state may not help, you can get a blank "notice to quit" at Staples and then google PA eviction law to check the laws in your state regarding amount of time you need to give them. if you made a deal you should have continued with the eviction. At this point you need to find out if you can give a 7 day notice or if you require a 30 day notice. Good luck with your eviction ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 7, 2011
Enrique Del Real answered:
It seems like you might need to reduce the price. A price reduction is a great way to increase traffic, which should generate offers.

Hope this helps.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 18, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Unfortunately, Trulia does not allow for sale by owner posts, you can hower try blogging about the property--if and when you do list with an agent, he/she can post it for you--just ask--or-- consider using the services of any flat fee realty company that feeds into Trulia. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Aug 8, 2010
Fred Glick answered:
Without details, it's hard to follow your question.

But, someone would have to trespass onto someone's property to do that, which is criminal.

Not a good idea.

But, if they did it in the course of a home inspection, you already allowed them to inspect a house.

Unless you had in the contract specifically that they could not test in this way, they are likely to be in their rights to do it.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 4, 2010
Erica Ramus, MRE answered:
Go here for details on capital gains:,,id=199963,00.html

Here is a paragraph from the IRS: For home sales after May 6, 1997, you will generally only need to report the sale of your home if you realized a gain on the sale and either you did not own and use the home as your principal residence for a total of at least two years during the five year period that ended on the date of the sale or you realized a gain of more than $250,000 ($500,000 for certain joint returns). To determine the amount of gain that can be excluded from income refer to Publication 523, Selling Your Home. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 19, 2010
Lesley Barbosa answered:
Taxlien, if you want to e-mail me your e-mail address I will send you the info on the comps via the MLS,

Lesley Barbosa
215 767 7433
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice