Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 19126 : Real Estate Advice

  • All33
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying22
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 92
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Fred Glick answered:
You don't, generically.

There are many websites that "list" foreclosures when most of the time they are not or the bank needs to foreclose to get subordinated liens removed.

The banks then hand the listings to real estate agents for sale once the property is ready.

Best idea is to get a real estate agent that can knows the system and they will help you.

Good luck,

Fred Glick

Broker/Owner, Multi-state Licensed Real Estate Brokerage U S Spaces, Inc.
Managing Member, NMLS Certified Mortgage Brokerage U S Loans Mortgage LLC

215.238.9400 East Coast
415.683.6950 West Coast

2043 Locust Street Phila, PA 19103 215.829.8850 x201
4354 Perlita Ave Los Angeles, CA 90039 310-741-7179

Licensed Real Estate Broker PA- U S Spaces, Inc.
Real Estate Broker, CA Dept of Real Estate DRE#01507615
NJ Licensed Real Estate Salesperson- U S Spaces

U S Loans Mortgage LLC #51022
Licensed by the Commonwealth of PA Department of Banking,
Virginia State Corporations Commission, License #MC-4943, State of Florida
California licensed with Signet Mortgage, NMLS# 168365, DRE#01403423
Personal Virginia Mortgage License #MLO-523VA
NMLS Test Certified National License #133975 for live rates and online mortgage application
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Feb 6, 2013
Robert Weiss answered:
This property, which is 1700 Tracey St, unit B was on the market at $115,000. and is now pending (under an Agreement of Sale but not yet settled).

Please let me know if you are looking in the area as we are close by and can help you. The price quoted is what the lender who forclosed paid to buy this property back and has no bearing on what the forclosing lender is or was willing to sell the property for.

I would be happy to send you the MLS print-out if you email me your email address.

Robert C. Weiss, ABR, CRS, GRI
Broker Owner
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 6, 2013
Tariq Farr answered:
When do you want to see it? Can you call me now?

Tariq Farr, M.Ed
Liberty Bell Real Estate Agents
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 4, 2013
Jonathan Unrath answered:
I can email you properties from 5000 to as high as you want to go. There is a VERY small realtor fee for using me. Less then $300. A lot of these are foreclosures as well that you bid on through certain websites. I can help you through the whole process. Send me your email address and I will send you what I have in any areas or zip codes that your interested in.

Jon Unrath
267 968 1505
Weichert Realtors Media
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 16, 2012
Tim Moore answered:
This is all way to common, we hear stories like this a lot here. I would have to wonder how good your lawyer was to allow you to get a house and assume the ex will continue to make payments to keep it up while they have no rights to it. Defaulting will damage his credit for years but you will lose the house since the loan is all in his name and I assume the deed is now just in yours. You are in a serious pickle, I would go visit your lawyer that got you there. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 25, 2012
Laura Means answered:
HI kaliritter3,

Although I am not from that part of the United States, I often shield questions from buyers and sellers from around the country. I have always found that via Google search you can find a lot of good user generated content on cities around the country, has been reliable for me in the past.

for example, I have found similar questions answered on a few other sites:

Best of luck to you on your move, I've always heard Pennsylvania was a beautiful state!
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 16, 2012
Tim Moore answered:
Pre-foreclosure means it is a short sale house with a more appealing name to those looking for perceived deals. They are still a short sale which means they will be long and frustrating and they may not go through. Unlike some short sales, there is no impending foreclosure auction on the horizon, when they use the term per-foreclousure it tells me the owner is throwing the Hail Mary pass to avoid the foreclosure auction in the near near future. These often get offers made on them but the bank just goes ahead and forecloses which means your purchase is not going to happen. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 13, 2017
al rappa answered:
Funny you should ask that question:
A few years ago I was at the Sheriff sale in Delaware County.
I was in the 2nd Row. In the 1st Row was a guy the stood up and bid a dollar on 3 or 4 houses in a row.
The Sheriff explained to the gentleman the " you must bid the upset price" Then the man stood up and complained "then why are you selling them to Attorneys for a dollar?" (chuckles were heard through out the room)
The phrase used at Mortgage foreclosure "sheriff sales" is, "sold to the attorney on the writ" $1. And that only happens when no one bids on the property and the attorney take the property back to the lender who he/she represents.
Even better, I thought I recognized the voice. And yup, it was a former client who was one of my 1st short sales.
His problem was "he didn't know what he didn't know".
I suggest going to a few sales OR finding a Real Estate Agent who is a well seasoned agent AND who will help you "learn the ropes". Caution, though, Asking the attendees for information and or help may only add to your confusion. Always, research thoroughly any advice with a seasoned professional. Remember, if you ask attendees, you are their competition for that "great deal/steal"
Good luck.
If you want more help, 610-504-5466 is my cell. Advice is FREE, if you need more i have an "al" a carte Menu of services that may be of interest to you.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Don Sherman answered:
Since real estate agents are not alllowed to give legal advice I suggest you contact an attorney that specializes in real estate .Preferrably one that comes reecommended to you .
Goodluck to you . ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 29, 2012
Alison Hillman answered:
Hi there,

That's a great question. I have reached out to a few agents in the community for you, but I would recommend working with one directly. You can learn about Philly's agents right here on Trulia, check out this directory:

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions.

Ali, Community Manager
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 29, 2012
Christina Lopaz answered:
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Patrick Fields answered:

Unless you are applying for a special program or a VA loan, you will need 3.5% down for an FHA loan or 5% down for a conventional mortgage loan. There will also be closing costs that you and your Realtor may be able to negotiate for the seller to pay in part or whole. Closing costs will vary but will likely be around $5000 on a$250k home. Closing costs are in addition to your down payment on the loan.

For most lenders, you will need a credit score of 620 or above. There are some execeptions to this but in the current lending climate, 620 or above is a very good benchmark. Finally, there is PMI or private mortgage insurance. This is required by some lenders when you put down less than 20% of the loan value on the mortgage. This can sometimes be avoided by getting two mortgage loans that together, prevent either lender from carrying an 80% or more portion of the total loan value. This is not uncommon. Otherwise, PMI will be added to the monthly payment and will be used to protect the lender in case of default.
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Sheri Curci answered:
Either to an outside collection agency or the attny thats representing the lender or go directly to the lender and MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR A LETTER OF SATISFACTION AND YOU WILL BE FREE AND CLEAR OF ALL FUTURE PAYMENTS AND THE LEIN GETS RECORDED AS SATISFIED AT THE COUNTY SEAT.

All the Best John + Sheri Curci RE/MAX Properties 215-757-2889
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Alain Picard answered:
You generally would pay the entity that recorded the lien.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 3, 2013
Dmytro V. Bova answered:
I would be happy to find out more and help you out.
Please feel free to contact me or plase leave voice mail.
Dmytro V. Bova
Realty Mark - The Diamond Group-Real Estate Sales
Main Line Investors Group - Property Management
700 E. Township Line Road, Suite 100
Havertown, PA 19083
Tel: 610-348-8389
Tel: 610-449-1919 x.223
Licensed In Pennsylvania
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 16, 2012
Larry Lichtman answered:
Hi Kathie,

Not easily answered. Please contact Edward Dubinsky at 215-808-5353., He is a very knowledgeable mortgage broker who should be able to answer your questions more precisely.

Good luck with everything

All the best,
Larry Lichtman
Cell/Text: (267) 254-7994
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 3, 2017
Phong Lam answered:
Good Morning Edtheia,

How are you? Thank you for your inquiry. 203K is a renovation FHA loan that you can use to purchase a somewhat out of shape home and have a licensed and participating contractor to do the work for you as part of the mortgage package. And yes, you could use this type of loan on a foreclosure property if needed. "AS IS" on a property listing only means the bank is not fixing anything and selling in whatever the current condition of the property is.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at or call me at (267) 918-1880 and I'll be more than happy to explain everything in details for you.

Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day!

Hope that helps!

***** If you like the answer - please consider giving it a Thumbs-up & making it a "Best Answer" ! Thank you! *****

Best Regards,
Phong Lam, CSM
CENTURY 21 Advantage Gold
2010 Oregon Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Business: (215) 465-1400, ext. 508
Fax: (215) 336-7793
Mobile: (267) 918-1880
Professional Profile & Testimonials:
To connect with me:
Buyers' Info:
Sellers' Info:

Century 21 Advantage Gold Top 21 Percent Award for 2009!
A referral from you would be the biggest compliment you could give me!
If you're interested, please ask me for your FREE Local Market Report for home values in your area!
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 25, 2012
Erica Ramus, MRE answered:
Where did you find the listing for this? Contact the listing agent or call any Wynnefield agent to get info on this property. They can help you.
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 13, 2012
Philip J. Cunningham Sr answered:
It depends on the cost of the house, the taxes,along with other closing cost. The best way to know the cost is to sign a buyers relationship with a Realtor to ensure you have all the rights available by contract law. If you wish you can contact me at V.I.P. Realty Corporation 7942 Bustleton Ave Philadelphia,PA 19152 215-725-5700 X49 Cell 267-934-1971
Thank you for your question,
Philip J. Cunningham Sr
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 22, 2011
Erica Ramus, MRE answered:
Have you called the lender to discuss the situation? Work out a payment plan?
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5
Search Advice