Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Quality of Life in 19124 : Real Estate Advice

  • All63
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying29
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 22
Thu Jan 8, 2015
Christopher Pagli answered:
Hi, You can visit and click on the city reports section for in-depth crime stats and area demographics. Other options for street specific crimes would be and ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 25, 2012
Bob Stein answered:
Thu Jun 11, 2015
Danielle Gurst answered:
Hello Liudmila,

There are many options out there and I would love to help you find your new home! Please call me at 267-423-2623!
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 29, 2012
Robert D Hughes answered:
Chrismerck, If you love city life and all that life-style offers you will love Philadelphia. More , restaurants, entertainment, and things to do then you will have time for. Although I am a suburbanite, I love going into Philadelphia for experiences you won't or can't find anywhere. Whether you are into sports, Art, Music, Dining Philly has it all.

This is an excellent link that will back up what I just said.

Welcome to the city of "Brotherly Love"

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 29, 2012
Janice Bovee answered:
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 22, 2012
Maura Mcdonnell answered:
Dora ---

call me I can make some recommendations --There are soo many colleges and area to consider. 610.291.1460.

Maura mcDonnell
0 votes 26 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 7, 2011
Brian Fletcher answered:
It sounds like you would be looking in Montgomery County. If you would like me to send you more information, contact me via email and I would be happy to tell you which schools are available as well as some listings for you to peruse.

Thank You,
Brian Fletcher
... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 21, 2010
Dallas Texas answered:
You need to review the executed lease agreement which governs the "pest problem" most leases address this concern.

IF the tenants choice to reside in improper manner not clean, food laying around, and etc. could be tenants responsibility to pay.

NOTE: I have been a property owner with tenants who always complained of bugs till I did an Impromptu visit of the home determined that cause how they lived.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 12, 2010
Renee Porsia answered:
Hello Mrs. Moody,

I'd love to assist you and your family.

From your question, I now know a little about your family and how many bedrooms you would like but I would need a bit more information from you in order to assist you better.

I would need to know if this would be your first home. Also, do you know your credit scores, do you have money saved for a down payment as well as closing costs? Do you know what closing costs are? How long have you and your husband been at your jobs?

After you provide the answers to those questions, and I wouldn't suggest that you divulge that private information here, I could then go over the types of homes there are in the Philadelphia area and put together your buyer profile. I would do this at my buyer counseling session that I provide for all buyers.

I would also go over buyer agency in detail to you and your husband. If you are not familiar with buyer agency, you are not alone. Many buyers are not familiar with it but what it means is that you hire a Realtor who will work for you and protect only your best interests. A buyer agent also negotiates the lowest possible price for the home, they possibly can.

If you are interested in speaking with me, feel free to contact me at (215) 669-0589 or you can email me at

I would love to speak with you further about your situation and goals.

You can also get a lot of information right from my website such as view properties, read my blog and watch videos about buyer agency along with many other subjects that you may find helpful.

Renee Porsia
Associate Broker
(215) 669-0589 Direct
(215) 358-1100 Office Ask For Renee
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 17, 2009
Bethann2779 answered:
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 3, 2009
Grace Hanamoto answered:
Hello Mike:

For the most part, all utilities have lien rights in most states. This means that the electricity company, the water company, the trash collection service may all file liens against the property should the bills become delinquent and unpaid. If you have any fears that the tenant may not pay the utility bills, talk with the Section 8 Administrator (usually the local county housing authority) and find out what remedies are available to the homeowner in the event that the Section 8 tenat does not pay the bills.

At least here in our county, we have such a low number of homeowners willing to make their homes available to Section 8 tenants that the county virtually guarantees that any tenant placed into a landlord's home will not violate the rules regarding payment of bills to the utility services. Talk to your County Housing Authority to determine if a similar requirement exists for tenants in the Section 8 program in your area.

Good luck!!

Grace Morioka, SRES, e-Pro
Area Pro Realty
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 30, 2009
Grace Hanamoto answered:
Hello Maria and thanks for your question.

While I am here in California and not familiar with 40x Brown Street, as a homeowners association consultant and expert, I can help you find out some of this information yourself.

If you are working with a Realtor, ask to see a set of the homeowners association's governing documents (CC&Rs, Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation). The CC&Rs in particular will provide you with immutable restrictions that will be enforced by the Association. For example, parking, pet and homeowner restrictions will appear in the CC&Rs, and these should be considered by you as a buyer or a homeowner to be not changeable without, often, a super majority (70 percent) approval of the members. Thus, a provision that says, "no pets" does not mean that you can bring a pet and change anyone's mind, it means, flatly, no pets. Some CC&Rs are highly restrictive (no painting the house another color, no children playing in the front yard, no basketball hoops, no extra cars, etc), and others allow for some leniency in use.

Second, have your Realtor request copies of the Board of Directors or Board of Governors meeting minutes and the newsletters for the past year. The contents of the minutes and the newsletters will provide you information about the strictness of the governing body, and, in some cases, depending on how "wordy" the secretary is, you can get an insight into the "thought-processes" of the Board members as well.

Finally, speak to a few residents at the homeowners association. If most of the owners say that they've never been bothered by the Association, it's likely that the complex leans more to the lenient side of things. However, if there are a lot of homeowners who report having "run-ins" with the Board, then it's safe to assume that the Board is active in enforcement and strict about the rules.

For more basic information about homeowners associatins, please check out my blog at the website below.

I hope this helps and good luck in your house hunt!!

Grace Morioka, SRES, e-Pro
Area Pro Realty
San Jose, CA
Co-Author, "Homeowners Association: A Guide to Leadership"
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Apr 25, 2009
Carly Ferrandino answered:
East Falls is a beautiful community a long the Schuylkill River and a very short distance to the center of town and the suburbs.. The nice things about East Falls is that it has a very community atmosphere. East Falls offers many events that are great for kids and their parents too. Every year there have a large Art Festival, bike race and many other community events. There are many parks and play areas for children.

East Falls has a mix of city and suburb living with affordable housing.

Carly Ferrandino
Coldwell Banker Preferred
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 29, 2013
Michael D Delp answered:
Realtors cannot comment on safety issues or anything that may be considered opinion due to ethics violations. Your beest bet would be to go to those neighborhoods and speak to the homeowners and business owners who live there. They would be able to give you a more accurate picture. I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, or need mortgage assistance, feel free to contact me.
The very best of luck to you!


Michael D Delp
Mortgage Pro
4802 Old Bethlehem Pike,
Telford Pa. 18969
Ph- 215-453-1025
Fax- 215-453-1012
Cell- 610-762-0318 -
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 29, 2012
Greg answered:
Sun Jan 11, 2009
Amie Holt answered:
This is a lot for sale you may buy and build. There is no house on the property. It is .08 acres. If you would like more information, feel free to contact me.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 6, 2008
Chris and Stephanie Somers answered:
It is considered New Kensington although it has the Fishtown zipcode - 19125. The Fishtown Neighborhood Association boundries end at York St. Letterly is a little bit north of York St. We own a property on the 2500 block of E Boston St. Our tenant that lives there, to the best of our knowledge, enjoys it and has not had any complaints regarding crime, etc... We have helped numerous buyers purchase around there too, our good friend lives on the 2400 hundred block of Firth, and just helped someone settle on the 2400 block of Harold. Both of them are quite happy and content.

More info regarding this area can be seen at the following links:

Also view our site below for more info and feel free to contact us from our site if you have more questions or email at .
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jul 27, 2008
Tyler Wagner answered:
In order to help you out further I think I would need to know what type of price range you can afford. Once you figure out what you can afford, then I could help direct you to where the home prices would be most appropriate. When it comes to good schools, this is another very personal decision, however I could also provide you with the necessary links to determine which schools are most appropriate for you children. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 7, 2008
Chris and Stephanie Somers answered:
We are interested! Please contact us via our website .
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 25, 2008
Sylvia Barry, MAS,CIPS,SRES answered:
Hi G:

I think it really depends on the lease terms. If the lease agreement says that the landlord pays for water, than that's what needs to happen. However, after the current lease expires, you should be able to negotiate a new term, both in the rent adjustment and in who pays for what utilities, prior to that, you have to honor the current lease agreement.

... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice