Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

19106 : Real Estate Advice

  • All20
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying9
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2,595
Mon Apr 22, 2013
Andrew Wilkinson answered:
Hi Blessed,

I recommend that you repost this question into the mail Philadelphia section in order to get more answers, which you can find here:

Good luck,

... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 11, 2013
TA answered:
depends on the address. Whats the hundred block Taiwo.

Tahsheem Aladean
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Don Sherman answered:
Hello Taiwo
I understand considering moving to any area is an important decision but fexeral law prohibits real estate agents from making comments about areas.Another point is one person will like an area & another person may not.It is a personal preference. I can suggest to go online & google Mayfair and you will see information about the area.You can also go to the Philadelphia police dept. website.
Please contact me regarding your real
estate needs.
I am a lifelonv resident of Philadelphia with 15 yrs fulltime experience in real estate.
Don Sherman
Century21 Advantage Gold-Castor
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 13, 2013
Don Sherman answered:
Good evening,Audrey
You can purchase a 2 unit building with a regular FHA mortgage since you will be occupy one unit.Depending on income, you may be able to use a program to get you a 3.25% rate .
Please contact me to discuss specifics.
Don Sherman-SRES
Century21 Advantage Gold
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Cassandra M. Bickel answered:
Yes, of course. You will be responsible for getting all utilities turned on in your name. And each service company is going to charge an "activation" or "turn on" fee. Also be prepared to pay a deposit, especially if you havent had service with them before.

I have seen fees vary from $25-100 and deposits from $25-250. Some of the utilities may include water, electric, gas/propane, cable, internet, ect.

Good luck and congratulations.

Cassandra Bickel, REALTOR
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Keith Chennault answered:
Hello Carole,
please give Paulette @ realy Mark diamond group a call. her number is 6108032682, she may be able to help you.
Please tell her that
Keith Chennault from Realty Mark Cityscape gave you her number

Keith Chennault
realy Mark cityscape
1515 Market St
suite 705
Philadelphia PA 19102
215 583-7777
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 9, 2013
Jennifer Geddes answered:
Congrats on your home search. I would be happy to discuss this property with you, if you are not already working with a Realtor.
Regarding the schools, I advise clients to utilize the info on trusted websites, such as the Philadelphia School website-below and linked on Trulia, as well as contact the local police department to get answers to your questions.
There are many school options in the area, public, private, and so on. For information on the public schools in Philadelphia, you can visit the website directly:
Again, if you need assistance with your home search, please feel free to contact me.

484-995-2155 cell
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 18, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
You probably don't!
But the Credit Companies are not working on Trulia; maybe you should be talking to them.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 26, 2015
R. Eric Axelson answered:
Hi Malita, as soon as you have a property identified, or after you sign contracts. You need to have an address to give them. It only takes a few days to get, so you can wait until after you're sure the deal is going to go through. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 11, 2013
Hannah Angert answered:
Actually, the 19148 market is up in price and down by days on market. What makes you think that prices there are dropping? I'd like to know your thoughts.

Hannah Angert, Realtor

William Festa Realty
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Fred Glick answered:
You don't, generically.

There are many websites that "list" foreclosures when most of the time they are not or the bank needs to foreclose to get subordinated liens removed.

The banks then hand the listings to real estate agents for sale once the property is ready.

Best idea is to get a real estate agent that can knows the system and they will help you.

Good luck,

Fred Glick

Broker/Owner, Multi-state Licensed Real Estate Brokerage U S Spaces, Inc.
Managing Member, NMLS Certified Mortgage Brokerage U S Loans Mortgage LLC

215.238.9400 East Coast
415.683.6950 West Coast

2043 Locust Street Phila, PA 19103 215.829.8850 x201
4354 Perlita Ave Los Angeles, CA 90039 310-741-7179

Licensed Real Estate Broker PA- U S Spaces, Inc.
Real Estate Broker, CA Dept of Real Estate DRE#01507615
NJ Licensed Real Estate Salesperson- U S Spaces

U S Loans Mortgage LLC #51022
Licensed by the Commonwealth of PA Department of Banking,
Virginia State Corporations Commission, License #MC-4943, State of Florida
California licensed with Signet Mortgage, NMLS# 168365, DRE#01403423
Personal Virginia Mortgage License #MLO-523VA
NMLS Test Certified National License #133975 for live rates and online mortgage application
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 8, 2013
My company has no overlays of minimum trade lines for a 664 score. The one tradelien will be fine. How many months history do you have for the one credit card?
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 9, 2013
Hannah Angert answered:
Resources that you may consult to help with this question are the Philadelphia Police Department, The Philadelphia Inquirer online special crime report. Do some research on the 19121 zip code in general.

The area you refer to has a lot of Temple University students co-mingled with generations of longtime residents. Like all of Philadelphia, it's block-to-block. I always recommend visiting a home at night during the week and on the weekend before committing to a purchase.

Hannah Angert, Realtor
(215) 869-9571 or

William Festa Realty
3001 S. Sydenham St.
Philadelphia PA 19145
(215) 271-3000 phone
(215) 271-0988 fax
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 22, 2013
Hillside Gardens answered:
I have one for 815.00 in 6060 Crescentville Rd philadelphia PA 19120
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 6, 2013
R. Eric Axelson answered:
Hi Chris, first let me say that I am sorry this has happened to you. Second, I must disclaim that I am not an attorney and these are just my thoughts, but should not be taken as legal advice. If you are unsure, you should contact your Realtor and/or an attorney. As i see it, you have a few options available to you:

1. The Seller's insurance is liable up until settlement. If it's that important to you, ask them to submit a claim. Make sure that claim will not be affected if owner sells house before decision and payout.

2. If you don't want to postpone closing, get proof that the claim has been submitted and agree on a replacement value with the Seller. Set that amount aside in escrow (with the title company) to ensure that the Seller is motivated to pursue the claim. If the insurance company denies, you may be able to have these funds redirected to a vendor to replace these items. You, however, cannot receive the funds. Document it in writing exactly what happens to these funds should the insurance company not approve claim.

3. Agree on a credit with the Seller. You usually cannot walk away with funds, so this may involve decreasing the sale price. If you and the Seller decide/agree on this option, you should do this NOW as settlement is fast approaching.

4. You say they are valuable, but if it is not a historic mansion and simply an older home, you can choose to accept the home as-is (you can still try to get a reduction in sale price as mentioned in item 3 above) and have the "fun" and adventure of finding replacement items online or from architectural salvage stores (there's a great one in Philly). This way you can "add" to the story of the home and add your own touch.

Hope this helps and good luck to you!

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Licensed in NJ and PA
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 5, 2013
Shaina Baker asked:
My fiancé and I have ok credit, but we have great jobs and can pay what we need to move in. Need to move ASAP!!
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 5, 2013
stephen webber answered:
Hi Malita
The Grant may include an interest rate or to be paid down each month. The lender should know what to factor in when you applied for the grant ?? Maybe they are waiting for the agency to approve your total monthly obligation. Some agencies must approve your monthly obligation, ratio, before they will approve the grant. No fun waiting. Best of Luck, Stephen ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 1, 2015
Fred Glick answered:
Thu Jul 4, 2013
Keith Chennault answered: or 2155817800 either should provide info.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 5, 2013
Philip J. Cunningham Sr answered:
Now since you are in Philadelphia you need to go to or since you did not say weather your buying or not you need to check it out because if not free then it is the next best thing and keep my number 215-725-5700 X49 this way your information will be kept off the internet

Philip J. Cunningham Sr.
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19152 215-725-5700 X49
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice