Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

17408 : Real Estate Advice

  • All7
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 112
Tue Jun 11, 2013
Kenneth Gerrick answered:
Location, Location, Location and timing! Good credit and now is the time to buy. Check this out:
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 28, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
Depends on just how bad; most lenders prefer a 640 score, however there are other factors besides credit that determine mortgage qualification; therefore for a personalized answer, visit with any licensed loan officer, be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed May 15, 2013
Donna Troupe answered:
I have a couple of contractors that I have used in my own home and recommended to clients.
Brian Smith with B&b painting and drywall- 443-677-0804 and Greg Saxton from Saxton Home Improvement cell is 586-3115. Hope they can help you out. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Susan Bordy asked:
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Kenneth Gerrick answered:
Hi Susan,
Just Google for YORK ART ASSOCIATION, a map will come up with location and distance.
Ken Gerrick, York Pa.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Sharon Harris answered:
Sounds like your on the Move! There are many homes that would suit your needs and finf=ding one would be easy. The key to the whole thing is financing. There are differant financing options and it helps to know what they are before looking.
One option is USDA a loan that will aloow you to finance 100% of the home. You can even add in closing costs if the homes apprasial will cover the cost of the home and the closing costs. This is a really nice loan program and it is based on income and debt ratios. .
Fha is another way to go you need 3 1/2 of your own money into the deal. it can be cash you have on hand, gift money, from a 401k or stocks. With FHA we can ask the seller to pay closing costs. Up to 6%. ( USDA allows this too)

Fha will go down to a 580 credit score >>you will need 5% down here.
If you get pre approved for a loan then you will know which program you will fit in and what amount money you are approved for. Plus you will need a pre approval letter to write contract on a home anyway.
If you want a list of homes emailed to you in the east York area send me an e mail address to send them too.Happy to send them and then you can review them and pick the ones you like. And from there we can reveiw taxes and see what that home will cost you a month. And get out to go look it it as well.

I work with buyers and buyers only>. I will be happy to help you and know how to get you to settlement without a lot of trouble!

Now if your still thinking rent to own we can explore that too. BUT you are soooooo much better off buying if you can. call or email 7174650661 or Buyers agent with Coldwell Banker.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Bill Seufert answered:
I would be happy to help and would need some specific information.

You can email me at if you would like my assistance.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed May 18, 2016
Rob Weil answered:
A negotiable percentage of the sales price, deducted from proceeds at the time of sale. Essentially, the seller pays this. They tend to be in the mid 1 digits. (4-6%) Depends on the broker, the needs of the client, and the prevailing rates of the market. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Amanda Clifford answered:
Hello Michael,

I looked at Trulia's Crime Maps, some good information there

0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 19, 2013
lhouse asked:
house was foreclosed on. Received the writ. But we have the cash. House isn't listed anywhere that I can find. Do I contact Fannie Mae or their Attorney to make an offer and do I ...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 14, 2012
Alan Hartman answered:
The best thing to do is contact your lender or mortgage broker and see what financing is available to you.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 17, 2013
Sharon Harris answered:
You should call a plumber/ septic company and get estimates on these costs. They would be the ones that handle the de winterizing .
If your not sure what company's are close to the property I sure can look some up and get them to you. Or your Realtor should be able to contact someone on your behalf. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 5, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
You should first hire a buyer agent than start looking at homes. If you saw the home with the listing agent, you may still hore a buyer agent but depending on your state laws of procurring cause, will decide if that listing agent will have to pay the buyer broker if they bring an offer for you that closes or if you will have to pay them seperately. You should start by finding a buyer broker and let them know your situation so they can can quote what your state loaws are. Good luck with your purchase ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri May 3, 2013
Sharon Harris answered:
Maybe is the best answer. Your scores a bit low but not too far off. however a loan officer has to look at your debt to income , w2, incomes, and your credit report to determine if they can do the loan.
Depending on where the home is it may quaify for USDA loan . This is a 100% financing loan you would need nothing down. However there are still some closing cost you may need to pay and some other fees.
But you would have more then enough cash . How long ago was your credit pulled? Maybe your scores have gone up? I am willing to work with you to get to the bottom of this. Your very close if not there so lets move forward. Even if the first home is already sold there are many being marketed now at great prices.Please contact me if only just for some advice! Thanks
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Dave Hyson answered:
The Pennsylvania State Police maintains a website of crime rates for various jurisdictions in PA.
It does not go to street level, but it's likely the best actual data you can get.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Jack Robertson answered:
Remember, there is no such thing as a free lunch. Ryan Homes offers free finished basements and normally about $10,000 in closing help. It is all a marketing ploy. Nothing is free and if you look at the fine print, the finished part only results in a small space, not the entire level. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Aug 24, 2013
Susan Nechamkin answered:
It depends on what bank you are dealing with, some Lenders will accept a 627 score. Give me a call if you need help with finding a Lender or viewing a property.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 24, 2012
Bill Filling answered:
Condominiums can qualify for a VA guaranteed loan in most circumstances. There are some restrictions:
•Fifty percent or more of the building units must be owner-occupied
•No more than 15 percent of owners can be behind in Homeowners Association (HOA) fees
•If condos are to be newly constructed, 75 percent of the units must be sold prior to allowing VA loans

Gathering this information might extend the loan closing a few days, but otherwise, there is nothing unusual. Our Branch Manager is a disabled vet and is a VA loan guru. We would be happy to help you get the loan. Please contact me at 717-757-5322.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5
Search Advice