Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 17402 : Real Estate Advice

  • All21
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 43
Tue Jun 11, 2013
Kenneth Gerrick answered:
Location, Location, Location and timing! Good credit and now is the time to buy. Check this out:
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 28, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
Depends on just how bad; most lenders prefer a 640 score, however there are other factors besides credit that determine mortgage qualification; therefore for a personalized answer, visit with any licensed loan officer, be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Sharon Harris answered:
Sounds like your on the Move! There are many homes that would suit your needs and finf=ding one would be easy. The key to the whole thing is financing. There are differant financing options and it helps to know what they are before looking.
One option is USDA a loan that will aloow you to finance 100% of the home. You can even add in closing costs if the homes apprasial will cover the cost of the home and the closing costs. This is a really nice loan program and it is based on income and debt ratios. .
Fha is another way to go you need 3 1/2 of your own money into the deal. it can be cash you have on hand, gift money, from a 401k or stocks. With FHA we can ask the seller to pay closing costs. Up to 6%. ( USDA allows this too)

Fha will go down to a 580 credit score >>you will need 5% down here.
If you get pre approved for a loan then you will know which program you will fit in and what amount money you are approved for. Plus you will need a pre approval letter to write contract on a home anyway.
If you want a list of homes emailed to you in the east York area send me an e mail address to send them too.Happy to send them and then you can review them and pick the ones you like. And from there we can reveiw taxes and see what that home will cost you a month. And get out to go look it it as well.

I work with buyers and buyers only>. I will be happy to help you and know how to get you to settlement without a lot of trouble!

Now if your still thinking rent to own we can explore that too. BUT you are soooooo much better off buying if you can. call or email 7174650661 or Buyers agent with Coldwell Banker.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Bill Seufert answered:
I would be happy to help and would need some specific information.

You can email me at if you would like my assistance.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed May 18, 2016
Rob Weil answered:
A negotiable percentage of the sales price, deducted from proceeds at the time of sale. Essentially, the seller pays this. They tend to be in the mid 1 digits. (4-6%) Depends on the broker, the needs of the client, and the prevailing rates of the market. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 19, 2013
lhouse asked:
house was foreclosed on. Received the writ. But we have the cash. House isn't listed anywhere that I can find. Do I contact Fannie Mae or their Attorney to make an offer and do I ...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 14, 2012
Alan Hartman answered:
The best thing to do is contact your lender or mortgage broker and see what financing is available to you.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 17, 2013
Sharon Harris answered:
You should call a plumber/ septic company and get estimates on these costs. They would be the ones that handle the de winterizing .
If your not sure what company's are close to the property I sure can look some up and get them to you. Or your Realtor should be able to contact someone on your behalf. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 5, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
You should first hire a buyer agent than start looking at homes. If you saw the home with the listing agent, you may still hore a buyer agent but depending on your state laws of procurring cause, will decide if that listing agent will have to pay the buyer broker if they bring an offer for you that closes or if you will have to pay them seperately. You should start by finding a buyer broker and let them know your situation so they can can quote what your state loaws are. Good luck with your purchase ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri May 3, 2013
Sharon Harris answered:
Maybe is the best answer. Your scores a bit low but not too far off. however a loan officer has to look at your debt to income , w2, incomes, and your credit report to determine if they can do the loan.
Depending on where the home is it may quaify for USDA loan . This is a 100% financing loan you would need nothing down. However there are still some closing cost you may need to pay and some other fees.
But you would have more then enough cash . How long ago was your credit pulled? Maybe your scores have gone up? I am willing to work with you to get to the bottom of this. Your very close if not there so lets move forward. Even if the first home is already sold there are many being marketed now at great prices.Please contact me if only just for some advice! Thanks
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Jack Robertson answered:
Remember, there is no such thing as a free lunch. Ryan Homes offers free finished basements and normally about $10,000 in closing help. It is all a marketing ploy. Nothing is free and if you look at the fine print, the finished part only results in a small space, not the entire level. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 24, 2012
Bill Filling answered:
Condominiums can qualify for a VA guaranteed loan in most circumstances. There are some restrictions:
•Fifty percent or more of the building units must be owner-occupied
•No more than 15 percent of owners can be behind in Homeowners Association (HOA) fees
•If condos are to be newly constructed, 75 percent of the units must be sold prior to allowing VA loans

Gathering this information might extend the loan closing a few days, but otherwise, there is nothing unusual. Our Branch Manager is a disabled vet and is a VA loan guru. We would be happy to help you get the loan. Please contact me at 717-757-5322.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jun 1, 2012
Wes asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri May 4, 2012
Janet Nation, CBR answered:
Rebecca I don't know what kind of questions your asking, but no typically an agent should be able to get back to you that same day or the day after.

Foreclosure lists are extremely easy for agents to obtain, in minutes actually.

Regarding info on school districts, you need to do that research on your own, here's a useful site: for starters.

You might want to switch your agent if you are not off to a satisfactory start, find one that is a buyer's agent and will represent your best interest during your real estate experiences.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 14, 2012
Stephen (Pete) O'Connor, USN (Ret) answered:
For the most part there is a standard waiting (think credit rebuilding time) of seven years. I think it's unlikely that you'll find a traditional lender that is willing to take a risk of such proportion. I do believe too that it's usually 2, maybe three years after the discharge of a bankruptcy that you'll be able to purchase again in the traditional sense. Good luck and keep on keeping on! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 9, 2012
Steven Ford answered:
I'm not sure what your asking. There are some (or were) hybrid products called 80-20...where the buyer borrowed an 80% first and a 20% second (2 mortgages) to avoid having any of their own money in the project and bypassing mortgage insurance premiums. That product is pretty much non-exisitent now.

Typically to get a home now you will get one mortgage with a downpayment starting at 3.5% in the case of an FHA loan or 5% or more for a conventional loan. If you are a veteran, you can get a VA loan for zero down.

If this about having one home mortgaged and buying another you have to either sell the first one, rent it or pay it off.

You need a good agent and a good loan officer...that will make all the difference.
Good Luck
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 21, 2013
Beatriz Salgado answered:
Not likely, you should aim at raising your FICO score up to 680. This will get you a better interest rate as well. Your lender may consult you as how to raise your credit score.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 8, 2016
Cheryl Finnegan answered:
Trusted Property Group is an investment group that buys house at a wholesale price, fixes them, and resells them. We have sold a few of their homes they have listed and they have also bought a few homes that we had listed. If you have more specific questions please let me know and I will be happy to answer them. You can email questions directly if you prefer to ... more
0 votes 22 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 2, 2011
Brett Rager answered:
York City encompasses a big area. The best advice is start with a real estate agent. You need to think of wants and needs. What do you absolutey have to have and what you would like to have in a property and/or area. That will start you on the path. Call me if you have anymore questions ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice