Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

17402 : Real Estate Advice

  • All20
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 113
Fri Apr 2, 2010
Bill Seufert answered:

unfortunately not much you can do about other listings but you can absolutely mark the square footage source as owner supplied. If you find the tax records are incorrect you can contact the county tax assesment department and ask them what you should do.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu May 3, 2012
Jason Howe answered:
Mrs. Beil,

I am not sure if you are referring to York County as a whole or York City. Being a Pennsylvania resident you have an understanding of how our taxes are calculated (millage rate) and the taxing authorities (county, municipal (local) and school). If you are looking specifically at York City taxes, the school taxes are higher than other districts making your total taxes on a comparable property higher. If you need more information or I didn't answer your question to satisfaction, don't hesitate to repost a more specific question. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 30, 2010
Fran and Mark Redding answered:
4 sale by owner

If you already have a buyer and are happy with the price then contact a real estate attorney.

Fran and Mark Redding
Prudential Fox Roach
1010 Stony Hill Road
215-321-3307 DIRECT
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 29, 2009
K. Stough asked:
Sat Dec 19, 2009
Terrence Charest answered:
What's your Realtor say? You do have one representing you right? It would be a shame if you are going through the seller's agent for they represent the seller, not you.

I would say to put in your offer contingent that if the bank response is beyond x days, then it will be contingent that you are not currently in any other agreement. AND if you do put in an agreement with any other property, you must make it contingent on getting released from the other offer.

Typically you do not ever want to be in two agreements at once. This could cause many issues to include, at the very least, loss of your deposit.

Good luck,

Terrence Charest, e-Pro
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 17, 2010
Evelina Rossetti answered:
Andy, if you want to partner up with someone, how about putting an ad in the local classifieds. You might
want to put it in the real estate section and see if that works for you. Good Luck! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Dec 9, 2009
Sean Dawes answered:

Are you a builder? Modular?

What kind of lots you looking for? One of my friends in the office has both a PA and MD license and constantly commutes back and forth, Id be happy to run it by him if you want.

You can email me at

Sean Dawes
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 1, 2011
Terrence Charest answered:
Excellent question. You should really get with your tax advisor for the answer.

Terrence Charest, e-Pro
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 2, 2009
"Carolina Joe" Idleman answered:
There is a ine line between insulting a sellers and openoing negotiations when subitting a lowball offer. My advice is to do your home work to determind what is a fair market price and bse your offer accordingly. the bottom line is to make an offer you are con=mfortable with and the worst that will happen is you will get a "no" form the seller. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 29, 2009
Pacita Dimacali answered:
If you want a realtor to represent you on a FSBO, the first thing that realtor will do is ask the seller if the seller will ":cooperate" with a buyer's agent.

That usually means that the agent will negotiate a commission paid by the seller for bringing a buyer, and for handling the paperwork, the disclosures, the timelines, the escrow, etc.

Generally, FSBOs are asked to pay the equivalent of half of the commission that is charged in a normal transaction for having the buyer's agent to take on the role of both the selling as well as the buyer's agent when making sure that all the required documents, inspections, etc. are handled the same way it would have been if the seller had signed with a listing agent.

What that seller is paying for is peace of mind knowing that the sale will be handled correctly and professionally.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 3, 2009
Patrick Thies answered:
If a house is listed at $995.00 buy two or three of them. I am going to presume that this is an advertised price in the paper or in print somewhere not a regular listed home for sale. If that is the case, then it's probably a foreclosed or auction home. Many times these homes are advertised this way as a starting bid to get attention and lots of bids. If it's too good to be true it probably isn't what it appears to be. If for some strange reason you are able to get the home at that price, then that's the price you pay not what the house may be worth. The taxes on it though will be base on the assessed value not what you paid ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 30, 2010
Dayne & Sharon Riddle answered:
Unfortunatly, If you had settlement yesterday than you no longer own the home and the sale cannot be undone. But, if you are talking about just signing a listing agreement to sell your home than yes, you may ask the Broker to release your listing. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 22, 2009
Dallas Texas answered:
Contact her via email and call list all problem areas. If you are unhappy request listing to be cancelled locate another realtor. Listing broker will need release you from listing agreement there could be penalty charged based on agreement signed.

Sorry hear you are having problems.

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter:
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 14, 2011
Bill Seufert answered:


That is the link to the Sheriff sale website. The most recent sale was yesterday the 15th but you should be able to see if it is scheduled for the next sale. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 7, 2009
Alan May answered:
in my opinion, buyer's agent bonuses don't work. Stop offering a bonus to the agent, and start offering a bonus to the buyer... (reduce the price).

If you've had your property on the MLS for six months and have had very little traffic, then you are not priced well enough to attract potential buyers. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 15, 2009
Angela Niven answered:
You can purchase an appraisal before selling your home. You just need to contact a certified appraiser and have them do the appraisal. An appraisal will give you a snapshot of your home's value, as compared to others in the area, as of the date the appraisal is prepared. Only certified appraisers can do an appraisal in Pennsylvania. A realtor can give you a Market Analysis, which will show you what is on the market, what has sold and gives the realtor's opinion of where your house should be priced to create interest. Feel free to contact me if you have questions. You can go to my website to obtain my contact information. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 15, 2009
Valeri Balaz answered:
I believe I am one of the best agents in the Spring Gorve Area. I have been licensed 15 years and have had lots of experience in this tough market. I am licensed in both Maryland and Pennsylvania. I would be happy to meet with you and show you what I do to sell your home. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 12, 2009
Lukasz Wojtuszkiewicz answered:
Could be many factors. Maybe, you're not priced competitively enough for your area. Maybe your home is just not the type of property that your local buyers are looking for. Maybe there are many of your type of home on the market and just not enough buyers. Do you have something that might be a "turn-off" for buyers, like maybe unusually high taxes? Your agent should do a market analysis every 3-4 weeks to keep you priced as aggressively as possible so you get showings whenever there is a buyer for your type of home. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 4, 2009
Jason Hertenstein answered:
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 29, 2009
Sharon Harris answered:
It may be best to ask your lender. It really depends on your loans program and what the terms are. Without knowing what type of loan you are using it is too hard to answer your question. Let us know. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6
Search Advice