Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

General Area in 14625 : Real Estate Advice

  • All3
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 10
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Gail Gladstone answered:
Please be aware that if she has a lease, the lease supercedes the sale. Either the landlord or the new owner may have to "buy" her out of the lease...
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 19, 2017
Reinhardt Brucker answered:
Mon Jul 30, 2012
Cathy Barton answered:
You are right and it is a long process. Be patient or go somewhere else to do it. This is not an attorney thing.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 19, 2010
Tim and Ben Kayes answered:

Every state has different fees when refing. Maybe you can use a title agent and avoid attorney's fees at all. Locally in Rochester you should spend more than $4-500 on an attorney. Good luck in Atlanta. Tim ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jan 2, 2011
Richard Bradley answered:
Your best answer lies with your nieces home insurer. If they are not insured contact several agencies in person to research what kind of answers you get. Use you favorite search engine (ie Google), search
"Rochester NY home insurance" to find agencies.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 29, 2009
Bill Eckler answered:
The best source for neighborhood safety issues is the local police department or county sheriff's department.
They have access to the most accurate and current information and are generally very willing to be helpful. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 12, 2008
Gail Gladstone answered:
I own rental property in Rochester...I lease to Section 8 which is government subsidized and have been very pleased with the outcome.

You must have excellent representation there...I have been burned by property management companies and it took a long time to get the right person to manage.

contact me off line and I will give you the name of my Realtor. Contact me at
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 14, 2008
Elayne Tiller, Realtor, GRI, QSC answered:
Hi Marilyn.......The tax laws are so complicated that you should ask a tax expert, which would be a tax accountant in your area. Ask your friends or co-workers for recommendations, and call your local Board of Realtors, too. They may have affiliate members that are tax accountants. Elayne Tiller, GRI, 231-632-0035 or, Real Estate One, Traverse City, MI ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jun 29, 2012
Gerry Vazquez answered:
Marisol, I was raised there and have family and friends in and around the City. I'd be happy to share what I know based on personal experience and research. Call me (631.338.7392) or email me ( Gerry Vazquez ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 17, 2014
Keli DiRisio answered:
It depends on what exactly you want the attorney to do for you. If it is a standard closing, their fees are usually quiet reasonable (a few hundred dollars is what the attorney we use charges).

There are other fees involved in closing costs outside of your attorney fees, though (mortgage, title, etc.). Your real estate agent can help you locate a good attorney and also a mortgage broker if you need one (who will also have fees). I would then recommend you to contact an attorney and a mortgage broker and have them explain their costs to you. It will depend on the property you are purchasing as well. As you are from overseas, there may be other factors involved.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice