Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

14619 : Real Estate Advice

  • All4
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 195
Wed Jul 22, 2009
Bill Eckler answered:

Unless you had a signed agreement with the agent to use them exclusively, you have no obligation. Further most agents understand the nature of the business and have the ability to accept disappointment.

We often share with people in your situation that the best thing you can do is remember them and given the opportunity, refer family, friends, or potential buyers and sellers to them.

Good luck
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 14, 2009
Raymond E. Camp answered:
Hello Michael Yarnes, Feel free to contact me at or my cel 585-469-9199.
Thanks, Ray
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 18, 2009
G. Harlan Furbush answered:
I checked the Monroe County Tax Records, Roc Docs, and a few other sources. Unless it just sold in the last couple weeks there is no record ofa transfer of title, or listing offfering the property "For Sale".

Harlan Furbush
Broker Associate
RE/MAX Realty Group
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 8, 2009
Joel Youngs answered:
There's nothing like a new house.However, check the builder out very carefully.Many builders are just hanging on in this market.Second if it's close and you like the older house,make a really low offer and see what happens.It is a buyers market. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 11, 2010
Gail Gladstone answered:
I would like to refer you to an excellent Realtor and investment counselor in Rochester, Roger Benton who is with Nothnagle Realtors.

I used him myself and was extremely satisfied with his quality of service and professionalism. I refer all of my Rochester clients to him. 631-425-6150
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 8, 2009
Margaret Pituley answered:
Please contact me at 585-737-589 and I will be more than happy to give you information on what to do to make your transaction go as smoothly as possible. I look forward to hearing from you. Margaret Pituley ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed May 6, 2009
Raymond E. Camp answered:
Good morning, Looking at the web site I would suggest contacting the bank you have the account set up with. good luck and happy house hunting. Thank you, Ray
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 29, 2009
Plano answered:
If you want something more accurate, you can order an appraisal. Or, just go talk to other agents in the area and get more than one CMA and see how they compare. If you get 3-4 and they all say about the same, then thats wonderful! ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 23, 2011
Commercial Appraiser answered:
For those in Southern California you can contact:
The Harris Company, REA/C
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 20, 2009
Raymond E. Camp answered:
Antje, Every community has programs to become involved with. One of the way's would be to look in stats and trends under community info. The local papers also have community events that are ongoing such as the town name and Post. (i.e. Brighton-Pittsford Post or the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle) You would then be able to see what you would like to become nvolved with. Thank you, Ray ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 2, 2011
Richard Bradley answered:
Your best answer lies with your nieces home insurer. If they are not insured contact several agencies in person to research what kind of answers you get. Use you favorite search engine (ie Google), search
"Rochester NY home insurance" to find agencies.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 22, 2009
Raymond E. Camp answered:
Patty, At the moment there are 9 condos in the area you are looking at ranging from $84,900 to $600,000 for sale. One two bedroom apartment for $1350. Thanks, Ray
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 1, 2012
J Douglas Montgomery answered:
I believe that there is a grace period for the upstate contracts. Read the paperwork and ask your realtor immediately. Your listing agent should be able to provide you the correct answer to your question. You have to act quickly in any regards.....

Douglas Montgomery, Broker
HomeNY Corp.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 9, 2009
Leif Mermagen answered:
Hello Dan,
I think that the credit is to be only applied to a single family home, condo, or townhouse. I will be learning much more about the situation tomorrow, as I am attending a meeting on the subject. I will attach a quote from an email I recieved about the matter. This quote shows the criteria that must be met to recieve the credit.


1. To qualify, purchaser (and purchaser’s spouse) may not have owned a principal residence in the three years previous to purchase.

2. Maximum credit amount increased to $8,000 (or 10% of cost of home, whichever is less).

3. No repayment requirement – unless home is sold within three years, then credit recaptured on sale.

4. Eligible dates are January 1, 2009 – November 30, 2009 (program expires December 1, 2009).

5. Must be primary residence – can be single family, condo, co-op, townhouse.

6. Income limitations – full credit available with adjusted gross income of no more than $75,000 (individual)/$150,000 (joint); phase-out above those caps.

7. Can be claimed on:
 2008 Tax Return;
 An amended 2008 Tax Return; OR,
 2009 Tax Return.

This is what I know at the moment. As I said I will know a bit more tomorrow. If you would like feel free to give me a call or email me and I will help you figure it all out and get you into a home that works for you.

Talk to you soon,

Leif Mermagen
LSP for Nothnagle Realtors
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 22, 2009
Greg Masceri answered:
I think things are Ok for sellers as long as they're buying another home. It just stands to reason that on average if you get a little less than expected for your home you would be able to buy your next one for a little less. The important thing is that interest rates are low and buyers are out there now is a great time to buy or sell. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 5, 2009
Michael Walker answered:
Hello Ivy,

Your best bet would be to talk with the local police department and ask them what type of attention is given to that part of town. As with any investment, there are good things and bad ... I'm sure the same applies to this property as well. Unfortunately as a Realtor my license mandates that I cannot offer this type of information.

What I can tell you is to check with the police, property managers, or other agencies to see what their take is. If you'd like more information on that property or others ... give me a call or email me through my website.

Michael Walker
Century 21 Premier Properties
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 4, 2009
Raymond E. Camp answered:
Diane, At the moment there are Three homes available on the MLS in Greece. If I may be of assistance feel free to contact me. Thanks, Ray
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 28, 2009
Greg Masceri answered:
Rollin I would be happy to help you find what you're looking for. I have a great deal of experience and success in matching people with the type of home they are looking for. Isn't technology a wonderful thing? When combined with professional know how it's even better! ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 29, 2009
Bill Eckler answered:
The best source for neighborhood safety issues is the local police department or county sheriff's department.
They have access to the most accurate and current information and are generally very willing to be helpful. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 19, 2009
Dallas Texas answered:
Yes you could sale the property pay off tax liens, new buyer cant close OR title transferred unless these liens are handled. Title company can handle all paperwork and etc. GREAT QUESTION ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search Advice