Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in 11205 : Real Estate Advice

  • All21
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 4
Fri Nov 9, 2012
Coldwell Banker Shayovitz Realty answered:
banks require flood insurance only in designated flood zones indicated by flood zone maps. Many areas that got flooded, are not on the map.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 8, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
Almost all of them:
Have you talked to the company that you have your Automobile Ins. with?
They like to BUNDLE!
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 14, 2011
Mitchell Feldman answered:
Dear Xxxx:

The appraised value is an estimate of how much a buyer would be willing to pay for the house in todays market. This is different than the replacement value which is how much it would cost to rebuild the if it were destroyed (like in a fire).

You may already know all this. Here in many parts of Brooklyn, especially in Park Slope, the market value is much higher than the actual replacement value because of the high demand for homes in the area. This holds true even in a down market.

Most people would be safe. With a $675000 replacement value estimate, in the end it also depends on how expensive your tastes are ! :)

Mitchell Feldman
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
(718) 645-1665/ (917) 805-0783
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 9, 2013
Gail Gladstone answered:
You are probably going to have to go through Lloyd's of London for anything under 2500 feet. The US company I know that goes the closest to water is State Farm. Lloyd's will give you a quote.

In the interim, call Peter Kelly (516) 599-5400 at State Farm for some honest (and free) advice.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice