Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in 10276 : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 19
Tue Apr 9, 2013
Yul Park answered:

I have a referral who is an accomplished developer / contractor who can answer any questions you may have with the building process. He is fully licensed, insured, and has a portfolio that shows a wide range of projects. Please tell him Yul referred you.

Dave Nahm
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Jen Blanchard answered:
Give me a call so I can understand your situation. Jen 949 702 4559
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 3, 2013
James McHugh answered:
The release form allows your property to be advertised.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 20, 2012
Weichert Realtors House and Home answered:
Hi Shareen.

No question, the Westchester MLS (HGMLS) does it better.

Call me so we can talk about how, why and the best way to utilize it.

609 Kappock Street
Suite 1A
Bronx, NY 10463
(718) 432-5000 (Office)
(718) 432-2091 (Fax)
(917) 974-2600 (Cell)
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
You've got all the right ideas; don't be afraid to pull the trigger!
Do you think that some of the people haven't made any mestrakes?
You sound like you've got the "people" skill down and now you have to work on the "techs" and "details".
If you want to become a Realtor, do it! But that doesn't sound like what you want.
If you have a friend who's a Realtor, ask to borrow their book, "Real Estate Principles". It will train you in the details and you will at least learn the correct questions. The answers will follow.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 22, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Consider consulting with an attorney for any legal advice, also review your documentation regarding any such rules for your specific complex......
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 2, 2011
Evelyn Albino answered:
Helllo Lorei; Open listings can be tricky. if you are a new agent, you should speak with your broker to see how they handle them within the company. My company does not allow us to advertise open listings, but we can bring customers. Each company/broker may have their own policy on how to handle this situation and it can be very tricky getting paid. Make sure you understand who's paying you and what to expect before sharing any offers from your buyers. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 24, 2010
Ian A. Wolf answered:
Two ways. One, you want to contact Real Estate Brokerages that are typically listing and selling foreclosed homes. You can ask around locally, or if you search for bank REO(real estate owned) departments on line, often times you can find some of those agents. Some REO compnaies requires the Realtors to hire vendors to do tasks such as cleaning, repairs, etc. The second way is that you may want to contact some of the REO servicers directly to become a vendor. Then you will be someone they would contact when the services are needed. Like I stated, search for REO servicers and reo departments, and that should get you what you are looking for. Hope that helps. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 30, 2009
Betty Stern, CRS, GRI answered:
Dear Lweng,

Please consult a Real Estate Attorney for the answer to this legal question. Removing your name from the Deed, will not however, remove your name from any loan you both are on. That would require your sister getting a new loan in her name alone. That would then remove your name when the new Deed is recorded.
Hope this will be helpful. Do feel free to call me at 757-474-0040 here in Virginia Beach, Va.
Betty Stern, CRS,GRI
Associate Broker
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 21, 2009
Laura Lazar Kearns answered:
Typically it is a 10% fee of the profit. There are many ways to do of can also charge fixed fees based on the services they require.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 30, 2009
Weichert Realtors House and Home answered:
The best Approach is to speak to people in the building or the management company. The second best thing to do is to work with a Realtor who knows the buildings you are interested in or can get access to information about them. The third best thing is to look for a sponsor unit (they usually accept 10% down). if you need more information on what a Sponsor Unit is (it is a lengthy description) please email me or call me at and 917-974-2600 . Unfortunatey I cannot offer specific insight to the board at 325 W 45th. All the best. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 14, 2009
Dallas Texas answered:
Have you tried to work with individual property owner? You may have pay additional deposits however homes on market longer with no tenants many of these properties might be willing lease some dont pull credit.

We work with many tenants here in Dallas consult with families across the country with problems. Contact my office we can assist with suggestions.

~ National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Lecturer regarding Credit Repair, Mortgage Loan Officer
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 26, 2016
Peace answered:
I am looking for great management myself and happened on your question to see if I could get some good leads. I do disagree with Richard. I have dealt with Kyrous Realty in the past and the manager, Harriet Kyrous does have attitude, is quite unreasonable and does not listen to anyone who is not on the board. The office is rude as well, they keep you on hold for a ridiculously long time, and seem to have a general disregard for people. While that may be the MO of the "ruthless real estate business," honest and decent people should not feel it, especially when paying NY prices. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 20, 2008
Adina Greenberg answered:
You can find them on the online city register, Acris ( )
Or, through You will need to have the lot and block number for the building to obtain the records through Acris. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Nov 6, 2008
Morgan Evans answered:
Hello John,

I am assuming that you are referring to the closing costs of purchasing a condominium unit. Here is a link that will give you a very detailed breakdown of the closing costs associated with purchasing a condominium unit,

If your question referred to the taxes you will have to pay when you go to sell the property. That's a question that a real estate attorney should answer for you because it depends on how you purchase the property and a multitude of other factors.

Depending on how you structure the transaction when you purchase, the selling costs will vary. The best way to approach this is if we can talk and I can help you understand the different outcomes depending on what your individual goals are with purchasing a condominium.

Please email me and we can have in depth discussion of your real estate goals.

Morgan Evans
Prudential Douglas Elliman
Web Reference:
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 1, 2008
Jolie Muss answered:
Some condos have renting restriction so I would check you documents. How long you have lived in the apartment as your primary residence and how much you bought it for may influence your tax situation if you sell. Please contact me at 212 721-3301 so that I can discusss your options with you.
Jolie Muss
Licensed Real Estate Broker & Brokerage
331 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10023
Office: 212 721-3301
Web Site:
Real Estate Blog:
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 27, 2008
Pascual Paul Tarrats answered:
This should not be confused with legal advise. That comes from an attorney only. My Suggestion is you get another attorney to see if the matter is being handle correctly.
Who hired the attorney? Seems that if the executor wishes, he can fire the attorney, and hire what he feels is a probate attorney with more experiance in that field.Not with so close ties, it might cloud his judgement. Just a suggestion. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 1, 2011
Gail Gladstone answered:
It really is quite simple, but you need to remember, it MUST BE RECORDED WITH THE COUNTY CLERK'S OFFICE. Just adding her is not enough. I can recommend a title company to do it for you or your attorney can hire the title company. Just make sure it is filed!

If you need a title company, contact me off line at
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 25, 2012
Dallas Texas answered:
We work with investors on a consulting type 1/2 hours sessions. Your 1st step is a business plan short long term goals. Our clients are investors across the country. YES you can make serious money in real estate. You can also work with a good agent in your area. 2nd step is securing lender approval home purchase. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice