Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Remodel & Renovate in 10110 : Real Estate Advice

  • All2
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 19
Mon Jul 1, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Thu Jan 10, 2013
Joseph Gallina answered:
Not sure about ny state, but I know usually in nyc. THe contractor pulls out permits.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 15, 2013
Gail Gladstone answered:
Health lines are not necessarily and quite often not a health hazard.. You can actually have the power department or an independent contractor come out and measure.

My experience has been that a turned off microwave gives off more than the power lines. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 6, 2016
Jessica Eldridge answered:
There are different cost for different location but for all locations, the average cost is between $120 to $250 per sq ft.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 24, 2012
Don Tepper answered:
Just the same as it would work for anyone else. Can you be more specific on what your issue or concern is?
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 25, 2014
Angela Nelson answered:
Well depending on the conditon of the property, it could definately affect the resale value, many new home buyers find it hard to see potential in an unfurnished space. it may sit on the market longer if it is not up to standard with comparables in the area, a small investment may give a larger return , I'd love to take a look at the apartment, and could definately assist you in listing the property and helping to decide which route would be best and most efficient and profitable for you. or you can call me at 718.791.5427 Best of Luck, look forward to hearing from you,
Licensed Real Estate Associate
Nestseekers International
... more
0 votes 27 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 14, 2016
Christopher Pagli answered:
Are you asking for a reference for someone to do the job?
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Diamond J.l. Gallow answered:
Hi Bart,

I would go with the latter, 24 inched each. This will allow your appliances to appear full-sized, which will benefit you in the future, as most buyer prefer a nice and semi- standard kichen.

Diamond J L Gallow

Please do contact me if you have any other questions.
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 29, 2011
Shawn Ryan Rosa answered:
Temporary certificates of occupancy are granted on homes that require repairs to bring the home into compliance with local safety and building codes. If you buy a home with a temporary C. of O., you are agreeing to take responsibility for those repairs after you close on the house and become the owner. This is often done when a seller doesn't have to means to make such repairs themselves (or simply doesnt want to) and the buyer is willing and able to take responsibility. You will generally have 30-90 to make the necessary repairs and have the home re-inspected by the local building department. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 15, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Check with management to se if balconies are allowed, also check for any necessary permits beforehand...
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 21, 2013
Jenet Levy answered:
My honest opinion based upon a lot of experience is that yes, if you renovate in a way that you will have a shower and no tub, that will affect resale because many people like to have both. In many new developments what they do when there is more than one bathroom is give one a shower and one a tub. If this is your only bathroom in your 1-BR apt, as I suspect, you really should have both a shower and a tub. Even people who regularly shower might occasionally want to take a bath if they are sore from a hard workout, or for a variety of other reasons. Better to renovate in a way that the most possible buyers will be drawn to your unit, rather than have a reason to eliminate it from their search.

Hope this helps.

Jenet Levy
Halstead Property, LLC
212 381-4268 for all NYC listings
... more
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 26, 2011
Jim Lanfranchi answered:
Thu Dec 29, 2011
Yuriy Goldstein answered:
Check with your town building department if they have any VOC law. Then find the paint with lower VOC than the law required.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 26, 2009
Anoop Punjabi answered:
Hi Laurent,

What kind of renovations do you plan on doing? There are quite a few designer showrooms in the A & D building at 150 East 58th street that supply kitchen and bathroom fixtures and cabinets as well as suppliers of stone & tiles for flooring etc.

Anoop Punjabi
Halstead Property LLC
Tel: (212) 317-7844
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon May 10, 2010
Dallas Texas answered:
Your general contractor who is completing work would know how to do this on your behalf. You can contact city for all paperwork involved.

NOTE: You can't start work till permits are issued if not approved very step fines be paid or entire project ripped out. Permits are posted proeprty visible to all see. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 29, 2014
Debra B Albert PA answered:
Regina, I had tile installed in a second floor condo. It was done by Home Depot. They installed a layer of cork under the tile. I have a friend that had the same process done. I hope this helps.
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 10, 2010
Cameron Piper answered:

There is no such thing as a ball park cost for building a home. What goes into the house will greatly influence the overall construction cost of the home. What is the nature of your question and maybe we can be of assistance in another way. Are you considering building a new home or do are you looking for a square foot cost for another reason?

Cameron Piper
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri May 29, 2009
Pascual Paul Tarrats answered:
Please seek legal advise from a lawyer and your paint professional. As agents, we are restricted from giving advise on these matters. Sorry!
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice