Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 10029 : Real Estate Advice

  • All12
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 1,351
Sun Aug 6, 2017
William McBurney Jr answered:
You make an offer that is designed to get acceptance or a counter-offer;
if there is no response after a period of time, you have to raise your offer.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 14, 2014
Fleur De Lis answered:
this is for NYC, what are your options for selling your apt - if need be once you have owned it for a few years.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Gail Gladstone answered:
I have an agent who is superior at staging and together we handle for our clients. It is possible that your agent has those same skills.

Why not ask your agent to produce photos of other homes your agent has staged and you be the judge.

Staging works.
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Michael answered:
no, i sell a lot in that area and it's beautiful. Crime is an issue throughout the city. But crime in Harlem has reached record lows. Look om the local princict web site.

Michael Davis
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 20, 2013
Sebastian Akerman answered:
There are a lot of gorgeous residential blocks between Columbus an Central Park West, all he way up to 110th street. Personally I feel safe there, even when showing late at night.
0 votes 21 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Shanna Rogers answered:
Hi Jkcolino,

Have your Realtor contact the Listing Agent to see the status of the short sale. The Listing Agent can contact the short sale negotiator (bank) for a status update - your Realtor cannot contact the short sale negotiator (bank).

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 24, 2013
Emery kessler answered:
Fri May 20, 2016
Ron Thomas answered:
Are you sure that it is FANNIE MAE that you are in Contract with?
Not some Bank?

In either case; you probably can't sue them:
I am not a Lawyer, and I do not dispense legal advice,
But I believe that in order to sue somebody, you need to show a LOSS.
Being deprived of the house, is not a loss.
You have not suffered a financial loss; have you?
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 19, 2013
Janet Nation, CBR answered:
Still a buyers market in Florida; still tons of distressed properties on the market and in various stages of processing before entering the market.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jun 5, 2013
Janet Nation, CBR answered:
What do you do with all these questions from Trulia? To answer to this newest question is so obvious.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 20, 2013
Nick Agostinelli answered:
There is some great places out there right now with, tenants in place, so all you would do is buy the place and start collecting checks.

Regarding tax tips, the best thing would be to consultate a CPA or accountant you feel comfortable with. There are a lot of things you can write off, but just a matter of talking with an accountant.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help out. Email me at

Nick A. Agostinelli
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
office 212.729.5712 EXT. 144
Real Estate & Development
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
What is your agent order to determine a fair offer, review comps, recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, see what the data suggests and go from there.
0 votes 21 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 24, 2013
Phil Rotondo answered:
I have affiliates in the NY area; so please let me know some specifics for your new condo.
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 19, 2013
Barbara Grandolfo answered:
Hi Manhatten!

If you are in the middle of the bidding process and find that you can no longer tolerate your agent, it would probably best for all concerned to contact his broker and ask that your file be assigned to another agent. If that bid doesn't work out, I would suggest interviewing a few other agents before making any more offers.

Best of luck,

Barbara Grandolfo
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Chris Connor answered:
Hi Stacy--
There may be other extenuating circumstances here that your mortgage broker is aware of, however I have closed on co-purchases similar to the situation you present, except that it was parents buying for/with their adult child, rather than the other way around. I would look further into the co-borrowing scenario - he is correct in that you do not want to go the route of you being the sole borrower with an investor / non - primary residence loan. If I can be of any additional assistance, please feel free to contact me, contact info is below.
Chris Connor
Vice President
Douglas Elliman
1995 Broadway, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10023
Office: 212-769-9838
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 19, 2013
Shalabh Sanger answered:
Maximum of 6% on a sale with a 50/50 co broke. Some agents collect 4% if not co broking.
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 11, 2013
Simon Campbell answered:
It is not so much as whether the condo association allows 5 - 10% down but rather if you can find a lender that will write a loan with 5 to 10% down.

Check with your lender about a FHA home loan. These allow first time home buyers buy a home with less than 3.5% down (and most of your closing costs and fees can be included in the loan).

Simon Campbell -
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Your attorney can better advise, consider a consultation; don't just rely on online information...
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 5, 2013
Elena Ravich, Esq. answered:
I am not sure at what stage of the purchase you are at the moment. Your attorney and a broker should be able to advise you in more details and I am just adding my 5 cents:
depending on your and your son's particular circumstances, you can either own apartment jointly with your son, i.e. have both of your names on the stock certificate and on the proprietary lease or can just add him to the proprietary lease. It should be specified in your board application who will be living with you in the apartment and at the closing, your attorney has to make sure the lease includes your son's name.

Some coops may want to run a credit check on him, as well (not sure what age he is) and will ask him for an interview...some coops will even want to have a full board application with his pay stubs, taxes and bank statements (again if he is an adult).

You should discuss all possible options and this coop's requirements with your attorney and a broker, if you have one. I would be happy to assist.
Elena Ravich
Rakita Realty
646 593 7207
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 7, 2013
Jim Olive answered:
They should be able to do it with or without a partnership. Now is certainly a good time to do it. They should consider Key West, the American Carribbean...the rental market down here is ALWAYS in need of more inventory. People pay $1200/month to live in a tiny 1/1. Best of luck... ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice