Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in 10016 : Real Estate Advice

  • All38
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling8
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 8
Mon Nov 24, 2014
Joelle Larroche answered:
I have recommended him to many clients who were all very satisfied:

Charles M. Chernick, J.D., CIC
Arthur Chernick Co., Inc.
370 Lexington Ave. at 41st St.
Suite #1400
New York NY 10017
T: 212-697-2147 X 201
F: 212-972-0589
C: 914-588-6455
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Contact a few local insurance companies and ask for free estimates based on your needs, then choose the package and company that best suits those needs...
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 14, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Much will depend on your personal needs, type of structure, etc., therefore contact any local insurance companies and ask for free estimates based on those needs; then choose the protect that suits you best... ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 11, 2011
Gail Gladstone answered:
A home warranty is great for a home covers various appliances and systems (you can add options) that vary from company to company. The question is, as a renter, what is your landlord covering and what are you responsible for.

They generally vary from $400-600/annually. If the oven dies, is it your landlord's responsibility? How about the heating system?

I have used two different companies and utilized services of both that made sense for my home. I am a homeowner.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 21, 2011
Mitchell Hall answered:
The coop has a master policy. It may or may not cover individual units and /or damages that unit causes in other units. It depends on the cause of the backed up toilet.

Is it the coop's plumbing that caused the backed toilet or did the share holder flush something down the toilet. Most coops recommend or require the share holder to have home owner's insurance for this reason. Home owner's insurance will cover it. Coop's master insurance probably not. They may fix the plumbing but they probably will not pay for the damages in the unit below.

Contact the super, building manager or managing agent to find out.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 10, 2010
Nick Rafello, V.P. answered:
The building has it's own insurance to cover the building, not your apartment per se'. You need insurance to protect you.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 25, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Contact a few insurance companies, compare their products and choose the one that suits your needs best.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 21, 2009
Herman answered:
Well, obviously I don't know any details of your home, but look into Pure Insurance, they specialize in coastal homes so they would have strong flood and wind coverage. They write policies in New York. ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Search Advice