Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rentals in 10007 : Real Estate Advice

  • All5
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 216
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Debra (Debbie) Rose answered:
since you're an agent in Manhattan, don't you know the answer to that?
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 12, 2012
Tarah Young answered:
I have several apartments in the area. Please tell me your budget and ideal move date so that I may better assist you.

Tarah W Young
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Linda Zhao answered:
Hi Yan,
Goog morning.
Thanks for inquiring, I will be happy to assist you to find a two bed apt nearby Fodham Lincoin center.
Could you tell me your budget ? Do you live in Manhattan? May I have your phone number for in case?
Please contact me:
My cell: 631-902-5838

Best Regards
Linda Zhao
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 12, 2012
John Peitler answered:
Please call Tanuja at 347-882-0353 for assistance today. Thank you and good luck.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 12, 2012
Raoul Sodogandji answered:
Hello Rodrigo,

It pretty much depends on which building or apartment you will be applying for.

Most buildings that are rent stabilized, can't take more than one month rent from you, but when you are renting in Condominiums, that is absolutely possible and up to you.

I can help you with that.

Please contact me at my info below:

Warmest Regards,

Raoul Sodogandji
Member of ELITE
Licensed Salesperson

(o): 212.252.8772 (EXT.782)
(c): 347.993.8333

" It is common in all businesses that the level of customer service, is usually based on income generated from that service given; which is fairly unfair to those who need just the same service of selling, buying or renting in New York City.

That's one of the reasons why we came up with ELITE. It is the highest standard level of same service given from a $2000 rental to a $40 Millions sale, and instead of treating the customers differently, we've decided to give them the ELITE service.

Let's help you with our services, no matter your budget, what you are selling or want to buy, we will give you and your referrals the same best experience ever lived. "
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 25, 2014
Raoul Sodogandji answered:
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Matthew Macarty answered:
You shouldn't need anything until you apply for the apartment. You can tell the agent that you have a guarantor if you want, but they shouldn't need anything beyond that until you find the place you want. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 26, 2012
blaise punturo answered:
Sat Oct 13, 2012
Antolin Du Bois, CFP® answered:
As soon as you have access to the funds, you have constructively received the income, and thus you will owe taxes on the money. If you just have a post dated check but no money as yet, you cannot be taxed on income you have not received.

Just beware it that it is not the widow of a former Nigerian Dictator wishing to rent out your illustrious home and is willing to send you 10 post dated checks for more than the amount owed.

She will probably offer to let you keep the 75%-90% of the check, but ask for the rest back because she will not need your place, and sorry for the inconvenience....

....and then you will find out her original check bounces.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 25, 2016
Christopher Pagli answered:
It depends on the landlord in question and why your credit is the way it is. If you can prove you are on the mend and have been consistent for some time, then maybe you will be given a chance.

... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Safiyah Basir answered:
Check out There seem to be a few options to advertise there.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 12, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Keep in mind that most landlords will require a credit report, therefore consider being upfront; also be prepared to show proof of employment/pay stubs; possibly have some reference letters handy, etc. For available area rentals check also consider working with an agent. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 12, 2012
Gail Gladstone answered:
If the new roommate is joining the existing roommates, I would most definitely add that person to the lease; they are equally responsible.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 12, 2012
BOB Brooks answered:
In nyc call an agent/broker
Bob brooks9177496332
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 9, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
Usually no unless your landlord agrees. Some agreements are put into a realty trust orr LLC so one;s name is not on any public documents. leases though are usually between the landlord and the tenant and not public. When you purchase it is public....Simply ask teh landlord or check with a real estate attorney on local customs. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Jacques Ambron answered:
It depends on the terms of your lease. In some cases you may need approval from the landlord
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 6, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Not sure who the question is directed to--however section 8 acceptance is up to each individual landlord, therefore ask your caseworker for a list of available rentals, check with local realty offices, or work with an agent; check locla print media for by owner rentals, word of mouth, etc.; also see links below for helpful information...
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 4, 2012
Nissa Kochmer answered:
Hi Mikaela,
You can reach out to brokers and landlords any time between now and two weeks before you move. If you start now, there will not be as many apartments available, since there are not a lot of August availabilites yet. However, as you get closer and closer to August, there will be more August availabilities.
If you have any questions about what's out there and what you get for your money, please ask! Call me at 347.344.8307 or email:
Good luck with your search!
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 6, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
For any necessary legal advice it's really in your best interest to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate....
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 4, 2012
Samantha Procopova answered:
... 4 5 6 7 8 ...
Search Advice