Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 10007 : Real Estate Advice

  • All5
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 1,351
Sun Jan 6, 2013
Christopher Pagli answered:
Hi, You might find something in Westchester County, Bedford and surrounding areas but will be pricey. Another option would be Putnam County for more land and affordability.

0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jun 5, 2013
Weichert Realtors House and Home answered:
Hi William,
Unfortunately no. There is no official form to use if a buyer or seller refuses to sign an agency disclosure form.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Jenet Levy answered:
When you ask "are there any deals for city workers," I assume you mean any special kind of mortgages. No, the city does not offer any special mortgage programs for their workers.

The first step in your search for a co-op or condo would be to get pre-qualified by a lender. Then you will know how much a bank will lend you and what your true price range is. Then you should begin working with an experienced, knowledgeable agent who can take you through the steps of purchasing. It will save you time and money.

Jenet Levy
Halstead Property, LLC
212 381-4268
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 8, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Generally the fee is based on the number of shares owned, and each shareholder pays a proportionate amount of the building's expenses, plus additional services, amenities, etc., as stated in the proprietary lease. For any necessary clarifications ask management the question and or review all the related documentation with your attorney. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Christopher Pagli answered:
Hi, your best bet is to contact a local agent to represent you. They can guide you through the process and paperwork.

0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 10, 2013
Scott Godzyk answered:
It will depend on what your lease states and on what the co-ops rules state. Start with reviewing your lease and then the co-ops rules to see if they allo wit and what their process is.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 9, 2014
Valeree Luo answered:
I have couple multiple family listing in Queens, you can contact me: or call me @ 917-582-4625.

0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 23, 2012
Nilthia Jackson answered:
It seems what you are looking for is a mixed use property. There are many available in close proximity to Manhattan. What you can get would depend on factors such as budget, specific neighborhood and property needs i.e. two, three or four units. You say easily reachable from Manhattan, you can find something in Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx. Hope this helps.

Nilthia Jackson
Licensed Salesperson
Lord and Andra
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Joseph Hastings answered:
Hi James or...not? This is a Coop. Property taxes are part of the maintenance, you don't get billed separately. The maintenance is $833.00 per month. If you scroll to the bottom of the listing page, you can contact the listing broker for the deductable. This building is a walk up and the apt is on the 5th floor. It is priced to sell and the price is reflective of the walk up. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 5, 2013
Robert Kravath answered:
Sun Dec 16, 2012
Carla Green answered:
I'm not an attorney and I don't answer legal questions. You should ask an attorney.
My opinion is that they are selling a service or product not real estate.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 13, 2012
Paul Deo answered:
In order to qualify for a mortgage to buy a home is as follows:
1- you have to have a good credit score of 680 or higer
2- you have to have income and W2 for atleast 2 yrs and tax returns to show that income.
This is the criteria in order to obtain a mortgage, you can be working and have section 8 , but the most importantly you need to sit down with a mortgage professional at your local bank or mortage broker.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 25, 2014
Ross Ellis answered:
Condop or Condo won't matter as much as which buildings allow short-term sublets. Just because they allow sublets do not assume they will allow short-term. There are very few condos and condops that will allow short-term rentals. When looking to purchase be very sure you tell your broker this is what you want and do check with the building to see if they will allow this.

Good luck.

Ross Ellis
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Halstead Property
Member of Real Estate Board of New York
212.317.7828 direct
770 Lexington Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10065
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Tom Dawson answered:
Sooner or later, you'll need to provide those documents. Just white out the first 5 numbers in your SSN. You really should get a pre approval letter. That way both you and your agent can know if you're looking at the right price range. ... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Myrna Coffino answered:
Rentals rates are up, product is low due to 2nd Avenue Subway demolitions and storm damage relocating many to double up with friends and family.

Thanks fr your input Karla!

Myrna Coffino
Associate Broker
DG Neary Realty Ltd
New York, NY.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 11, 2012
William McBurney Jr answered:
The 2013 property tax laws will not affect sellers and buyers
at all. They will make their decisions based on other factors.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 10, 2012
Nick Rafello answered:
Thu Oct 24, 2013
Jacques Ambron answered:
There is no other way to be certain, however if it was such a small amount, and there is no other evidence of termites, then it's unlikely you will have any structural involvement. You could try opening a very small area and take a picture inside with a camera ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 17, 2013
Tina Lam answered:
That's a common question for first time home buyers and the answer comes down to your personal level of comfort with the arrangement. There's no amount of debating here that will change your concerns about divided loyalties by the listing agent. We don't know who he is and no one can absolutely guarantee his conduct.

So, if you're not comfortable, you can choose to find another agent to represent your interests exclusively.
... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 15, 2012
Carla Green answered:
Unfortunately this isn't a real estate question, this is a legal issue and you should consult an attorney. It will depend upon what you agreed to in your contract. I did have a client with a similar issue, they found in the end it would have been less costly to pay the interest than the attorney cost, so caution is suggested. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
... 4 5 6 7 8 ...
Search Advice