Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 08852 : Real Estate Advice

  • All19
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying9
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Tue Oct 16, 2012
Mary Petti answered:

Your question is VERY vague and probably more important than waiting for answers from Realtors on a web site.

If you think your home is in foreclosure, I suggest you contacting the mortgage holder to see if they have proceeded with a foreclosure, and/or call the county sheriff's office for some more information.

However, you should have received mail notifications of the pending foreclosure. I also suggest you contact an attorney to help you figure this all out.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 5, 2010
Alma Kee answered:
Your SO needs legal advice immediately! He may need to hire a new attorney if his current divorce attorney can't get him out of this mess.

Right now it sounds like your SO is in contempt of court and could be arrested if he fails to make the mortgage payments as mandated by the judge. I'm not an attorney so he needs to talk to an attorney asap.

Also because he no longer lives in the house, he may not be able to get "owner-occupant" low rates...not sure how that all works.

Main thing, he need a judge to order his wife to sign the refinance paperwork if he can get in a lower interest rate. His credit will not be destroyed unless he fails to follow the terms of the court order!

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice