Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

08330 : Real Estate Advice

  • All24
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying12
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 26
Wed Jun 15, 2016
Holly Cassidy answered:

I understand your situation and yes, there are reputable local lenders that should be able to help. I use Mark Cassidy or Patty Cates of Philadelphia Mortgage Advisors out of Ocean City. Their office number is 609-398-8600 and Mark's direct number anytime is 609-517-6035. I would suggest calling and letting them tell you quickly how they can help.

With regard to helping you find a home that meets USDA requirements, please feel free to give me a call and I would be happy to help 609-517-6034 or 398-3199. USDA just extending the rural housing program for eligible properties in our area thru September of 2013.

I hope to speak with you soon.

Holly Cassidy
Down The Shore Realty
2163 Asbury Avenue
Ocean City, NJ 08226
Office 609-398-3199 ext 108
Cell: 609-517-6034
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 28, 2013
Larry Sarlo answered:
Depending where and what you want to buy... YOU CAN BUY WITH NO DOWN PAYMENT.. There are loans available that have a no down payment option. Just your closing costs! And some or all of those can be negotiated.

Search foreclosures and short sale here:

"Nobody Sells More Real Estate than RE/MAX"

Search the MLS on your phone by Text: In the subject line on your mobile phone- LSAR1 -to number 87778 ... hit send... A GPS feature for listings at your finger tips

Larry Sarlo When you want it Sold Fast!
RE/MAX Preferred
609-868-1171 call / text / email 7 days
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Evergreen At Timber Glen asked:
Mon Nov 5, 2012
Barbara Smith answered:

Many homeowners don't advertise "lease purchase" in their listings but it doesn't mean they wouldn't be open to the option. However most people do need the proceeds from their home when it sells to move on to the next home, and a lease purchase does not allow for that which is why we don't see a lot of sellers offering that option.

Have you spoken to a mortgage professional? There are programs available that require no money down. I think that would be the smartest first step for you, then to work with your Realtor to see what is available in your area that fits your criteria.

If I can be of any assistance in your search or if you need a recommendation for a mortgage professional please get in touch.

Best of luck,
Barbara L Smith ABR, GRI, SFR
Voted "5 Star Professional", Phila Mag, Sept. 2012
Weichert Realtors
Direct: 609-980-7593
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 8, 2013
Jonathan Faccone answered:

Sell it back to you? Can you be more specific on your situation and what your looking to do? If your credit is low and income is there to support homeownership why not find an investor/realtor who can place you in a lease option property? During the lease you can get into a credit repair program to rebuild your credit so that you'll be able to get the financing you need to purchase the property. Or you can find a seller willing to owner finance. These would be my options based on the limited information presented.

Best of luck,

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 12, 2012
Jeanne Feenick answered:
Very much a matter of personal preference....but let's start the discussion out with how much maitenance you want to take on. If not much, then a townhome which is generally condo ownership and with that much/most of the maitenance taken care of for you - though you do pay a monthly fee to cover.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 22, 2012
Tim Moore answered:
It must be listed with a Realtor to be on here.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 22, 2012
Robert Elentrio asked:
Thu May 16, 2013
David Read answered:
Hi, Robert. I will be happy to assist you in selling your home. PLease give me a call at 609-870-0066

Dave Read
Weichert, Realtors
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Jim Simms answered:
I guess I don’t understand the question. In my area the next tax bill is usually based on the sale price if that happens early enough in the year.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Larry Sarlo answered:
You will have to justify the market value against other homes sold similar to yours. If you buy it for a $1 and other homes similar are selling for $1,000,000 then your home is valued at $1,000,000 not $1. unless all the homes in the area foreclosures or over 50% are selling in distress, you will not be able to use other distressed values. There is a list of non usable deed transactions in determining value.

There are other factors to adjust value. But you will need to wait until Feb to fight your taxes.

Search Short Sales and foeclosure Deals at

Larry Sarlo
RE/MAX Preferred
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 15, 2012
Chris Chiofalo asked:
Where is the closest fire hydrant to the property 1700 drake avenue mays landing no 08330. Thanks
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 10, 2012
Mary Petti answered:
Are you the buyer getting your mortgage to purchase the house from and you are waiting for the funds to be released so you can close? If thats the case it should not be too long at all unless some unforeseen issue arises or there is missing paperwork
I would venture no more than a week or so if all is right.
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 17, 2010
Kevin Olson, Jessica Laude answered:
With the situation you are describing there are countless things involved for us to give any advice. At this point it would be best to contact an attorney, or at the very least have a talk with all agents involved, including any negotiators to see where things seem to be. I wish I could give you a better answer but each of these situations is very unique, and I applaud you for being one of few seeking answers in a situation like this. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 13, 2010
Laura Giannotta answered:
You are represented by a REALTOR, it would be unethical for another REALTOR to advise you.
0 votes 21 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 8, 2009
Jaime Whittaker answered:
hello aura
That's great! Ryan homes are decent. There can be room to negotiate. They would rather sell you extras or upgrades. My best advice if you havent registered with sales office, to get your own agent dont let the sales office represent you and the seller. If i can be of any futher assistance plz contact me below
Jaime Whittaker, GRI
Sales Assoc.
Prudential Fox Roach
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 11, 2009
Matthew & Richard Haviland answered:
Hi Marilyn,

I could not find a seller by that name in the tax records. Please contact me with more details and I will look up the property for you.

Best wishes,

0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 22, 2009
Pete Maimone answered:
why are you going to landlord tenant court? has the so called property manager forged documents relating to your tenancy?:
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 18, 2009
Fred Griffin answered:
In 1994, the New Jersey Supreme Court held that the New Jersey Anti-Eviction Act protects tenants even when the property where they live is in foreclosure or has been foreclosed.…

As for "Non-Payment" - you do have canceled checks, or money order receipts, or a signed receipt for the rent payments that you made, right?

Best wishes to you,
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu May 9, 2013
Bill Eckler answered:

Our recommendation is to consult an attorney to find more out about your options. There are probably going to be a number of other questions that will come sure you are informed AND have someone in your corner ready to advocate for you.

Good luck
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice