Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 07504 : Real Estate Advice

  • All3
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 3
Tue Feb 1, 2011
Dan Tabit answered:
On top of the page is a section called "Find a Pro." Click on that; specify the area you are looking for. There will be several agents to choose from. You can click on their names, read their answers and blog posts to decide if they seem appropriate you your situation. Once you find one you want to contact, there is a section on the right side of the page to reach the agent. You can send a message from there or put their name into a search engine and get a phone and email for them.
I hope this helps.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 9, 2016
James Miner Esq. answered:
In NJ it is standard practice for the SELLER to be responsible for obtaining the municipal certifications including the "smoke cert" (smoke detectors, CO2 detectors, fire extinguisher) as well as the "Certificate of Occupancy" if required in that town. Not all towns require a C.O.

If the contract is making the buyer responsible for the C.O. it means that the buyer will have to arrange for the municipal inspections to occur and to make any repairs necessary to get the home to pass the inspections. This is unusual, but it is happening occasionally, particularly in short sales.

Make sure you have a good real estate attorney who knows how to protect you in the event serious/expensive repairs are required to obtain the C.O.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 12, 2008
Marc Paolella answered:
The short range forecast is poor. There are over 800 multi-family properties on the market in the MLS system, and countless other FSBO's. I did an appraisal there a few weeks ago and it seemed like every property had a sign on it. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice