Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in 07302 : Real Estate Advice

  • All146
  • Local Info15
  • Home Buying77
  • Home Selling12
  • Market Conditions6

Activity 35
Sat Apr 27, 2013
Tracy Robinson answered:
Hello Padmanahan

According to the website the market took a dive in December last year but they expecting and upswing the remainder of the year for The Garden State. For more information go online the website above. If you want information for Pennsylvania. Feel free to call me. I am license
in Pennsylvania and grew up in Philadelphia. I am very familiar with most counties expecially Bucks County, Montgomery County, Delaware County, Chester County as well Philadelphia

Tracy Robinson-Realtor
62 S. Main Street
Yardley, Pa. 19067
Office phone: 215-493-0200 ext 1087
Direct phone: 267-495-0251
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 5, 2013
Andrew Tisellano answered:
1 you should get a realtor to submit a an offer asap.
2 It should only take a day to get approved for a mortgage

from the time the contract was signed you should have at least 2 days to a week to get your offer in. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 20, 2012
Kate answered:
Tue Nov 12, 2013
Suzanna Woodhead answered:
Yes commissions can be negotiated with the broker. You are wise to offer a higher commission.
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 20, 2012
Janet Nation, CBR answered:
Well it sounds like Anthony you have no choice about selling unless you can rent your home and don't mind the responsibilities of being a landlord out of state.

Unless you purchased your home at a deep discount, the chances of you breaking even are slim. This would mean you would be forced to do a short sale and walk away with nothing. You do not have to be behind on your mortgage payment to do a short sale. Your hardship would your inability to carry two mortgages because your job requires you to relocate for example.

To find the right agent for you, ask friends, family members, coworkers and/or neighbors who they have used in the past and was happy with the service provided. Recently sold comps mean little in an agent's skill set. As a matter of fact, you mght really want to consider an agent with short sale experience because unfortunately you mgiht be heading in that direction. All the best.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 27, 2013
Andres Garcia answered:
If you are selling your home on your own you can obtain the application and smoke certificate at the firehouse on the corner of Marin Blvd and 8th St. This form will need to be notarized. If you are working with a Realtor they should handle this for you.

I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Andres Garcia - Sales Associate, CDPE - RE/MAX Gold Coast Realty - 56 Newark Street, Hoboken, NJ 07030 - Direct: 201 795-5200 x340 - Mbl: 201 677-2211
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 8, 2013
Jeanne Feenick answered:
Contact the board and find out how to make the case to try to get this changed. It puts your community at such a disadvantage!

Find out what they are worried about and work with your agent to formulate a response that addresses those concerns.

Good luck - you can bet that when the board members get ready to sell, they will likely relax this.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 7, 2012
Amos Elroy answered:
First take care of any glaring problems you can afford to take care of on your own.

make sure the home is clean and organized and in a presentable form. Appearances have a great impact, so any amount of cosmetic fix-up is highly recommended. it is probably time to do that paint job you've been putting off.

Often improvements to the kitchen and bathroom areas are considered to be best bang for the buck in terms of raising the property value, but you have to be careful not to over-improve. A house in a neighborhood where the average price of similar properties is 70,000 will not magically increase in value by 30,000 if you put in 20,000 into an amazing kitchen and bathroom update. Be conservative in relation to your property's price range.

Landscaping is another easy way to increase curb appeal. In a lot of cases you can do a whole lot by trimming, removing plants that don't work with the house, and planting others that enhance its beauty.

Amos Elroy, SFR (Short-Sale Specialist Certified)
Residential Real Estate Investment Consultant
Lic. Realtor Associate
EXIT On The Hudson Realty
(888) 462-6573 / (888) HOB-NJRE
FAX (888) 462-6573
Office 201-437-0411

Twitter & Facebook: HobNJRE
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 14, 2012
Tim Moore answered:
Good question but hard to answer. Listing now opens the possibility that it could sell in a couple months. If it did your two options would be to drag out settlement for months, something that might scare away the buyer, or you would have to move into a rental and store your stuff until you found a place to buy. Summer is a good time to buy because new owners want to be settled in when school starts. If you have a place you can go, then start when ever. You might be able to drag out settlement for 60-80 days from receiving a contract on your current home which might be enough time to find a place and be ready to move. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 14, 2012
Andrea Alummootil answered:
I get 100%signed of my short sales closed. I am a short sale pro certified. I do have an attorney I work with.

Term of short sale process depends on lenders. For example, bank of america takes about 2 months for approval process. I can meet you at your property for an interview ir you can come to my office. Liberty Realty in jersey city.

Please call me 201-406-8015 or email me @diana

I look forwarding to heating from you to give discuss a short sale of your property.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 11, 2011
Jeanne Feenick answered:
Yes Maria, I have a recommendation - I have an attorney that I work with that has a very good success rate. I have made it a condition to list that my sellers engage the services of an experienced attorney - the way you begin this process will make a difference to the liklihood of success.

Tell her Jeannie Feenick sent you:
Margaret Blanco - office is in Scotch Plains, right off of 22

I am experienced helping sellers and buyers with shorts - happy to help in any way.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 26, 2014
Tim Moore answered:
Sure they do. The key to a handyman special is pricing it correctly. You have to realize a buyer will assume the cost will be a lot more than it actually will be and that is why Realtors always suggest the owner makes the repairs before it goes on the market. If it cost $2000 to make the repair and buyer will assume it will cost $4000 and make an offer based on that assumption. Most buyers don't want to buy and then fix up a major project, but some will. The number of potential fixer-upper buyers is less than a regular buyer so it usually takes longer and fixer-upper buyers often offer low ball offers. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 4, 2010
Heath Coker answered:
Unfortunately you have asked a complicated question. Try the state web site and see if the info there can help answer your question.

It is much easier here in MA. Come buy a place on Cape Cod! ;^]
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 26, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
You may wish to run your question by your attorney, he/she will be your best source of advice as it relates to your specific situation.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 25, 2010
Debra (Debbie) Rose answered:
Ankur - One option is - you can sit down with the agent and his Broker and discuss your issues and concerns. The Broker can try to intervene, and correct the problems..........or.................the Boker can assign another agent in the office to handle your listing.

Stating that your agent has "not performed to our expectations" doesn't really indicate just what it is you're displeased with. Are you frustrated that your home has not sold? Do you feel you have not been given proper advice?
Whatever it is - the Broker should be able to help straighten it out.

Other than that, the Broker really doesn't have to give you a release. Not sure how much time is left on your agreement, but I'd try to work it out as best as possible.

If the actions of the agent are serious, maybe after talking with the Broker, he or she will be willing to release you - try that, and see what happens. But, to want to jump ship just because you decided you don't like the agent (even though he is a great guy) - you may not have a strong case.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 1, 2010
Amos Elroy answered:
I would look for a realtor that is informative and that you get a good sense from. Some go by various certifications and affiliations, usually noted in the abreviations following ones name, but that itself is not always a guaranty for the realtors expertese and knowledge, and certainly not one indicating their commitment to the client.

So you will primarily have to just use your intuition.

One tip i could suggest, which would be how I would look for an expert in this day and age is look for candidates, posting on-line. You will not only get a sense for their tech-savviness, which is itself important in todays transactions, but will get a sense of their knowledge and perssonality.

Regarding commission, there is no such thing as given commission in any area. The commission is completely negotiable in each case, although it is likely you will hear many Realtors tell you they would not go below 6% for the entire trnsaction (normaly split between the listing and buying agencies). Than the question would be whether you are confident in their capabilities and would stop at that, or whether you would try to get a lower rate from someone else, possibly geting a less popular Realtor, with whatever implications that may or may not have.

Amos Elroy, SFR (Short-Sale Specialist Certified)
Residential Real Estate Investment Consultant
Lic. Realtor Associate
EXIT On The Hudson Realty
(888) 462-6573 / (888) HOB-NJRE
FAX (888) 462-6573
Office 201-437-0411

Twitter: HobNJRE
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 30, 2010
Barbara Tulko answered:
Good evening....

Your best course of action is to have a Realtor who is familiar with the area visit and preview your property with you and then followup with a professional opinion of the market value (a realistic sale price).
Once you come to that conclusion (if you have not already sought this professional advice), the next step would be to choose the Agent with whom you feel most comfortable to represent you by marketing and selling the property for you.

Since your property is a 3 family with an extra lot, there are several possibilities....

For example, I recently sold an older 2 family in Jersey City Heights that had an additional lot and it happened to be purchased by a builder who put up a new 2-family home on the lot.

Another possibility would be an i nvestor who is interested in keeping the property as it is and using the extra lot for additional income by offering it as off-street parking for a monthly rate.

A third possible scenario might be someone who is starting out with the purchase of a home and in order to make it affordable to them, they prefer a multiple family where they can get rents to help with the expenses....

The key is in the marketing, exposure and amount of effort that your real estate agent makes to get the property sold.

As Realtors, we often have people with whom we are working who are looking for a particular type of property and if your property would meet the requirements of one or more of those people, that would be the best case scenario. But, in most instances, it takes a good marketing campaign to draw interested purchasers to your property.

There is no magic to being a successful real estate sales professional, excepting hard and smart work on behalf of that person's this case, YOU !!!

If I can be of assistance to you, feel free to contact me on my cell phone which is 201-218-4009.

Regards and good luck,
Barbara Tulko
Broker Associate
RE/MAX Villa Realtors
201-868-3100 x300
Offices in Journal Square, Grove Street (downtown Jersey City), North Bergen and Edgewater
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 30, 2010
Christopher Amberg answered:
Hi Jackie,

I'd be more than happy to do a complimentary Price Analysis for your home.

Feel free to contact me via email or phone so we can discuss further.

Best Regards,

Chris Amberg
Weichert Realtors
Exchange Place Office
251 Washington Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Cell: 917-428-8317
Efax: 201-221-8129
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 6, 2010
Ines De La Cruz answered:
Hello Troy,
Please clarify your question a little. The property has liens against it or you have owe liens against a property you already own?
If you buy a foreclosure the liens against the property have to paid at closing so you get clear title. If it is a bank owned or HUD home they should give you clear title. It is worth to run title since you want to know how much $$$ the liens are. If they are little and you want the property you may be allow to pay them to see you get the property. I am not a lawyer or title clerk so I will recommend professional guidance if you do not undertand the process.
Best of luck to you,
Ines De La Cruz
RE/MAX Connection, Realtors
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice