Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

06710 : Real Estate Advice

  • All5
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 53
Sat Jan 9, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
Basically you will need to find a complex that is already approved, you will need to have the management company for the condo association apply for approval or will have to find a different typ eof financing to purchase the property. It is going to crush condo sales in the complexes not already approved. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 8, 2010
Keane Ng answered:
Yes for Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac, but FHA has temporarily lowered it to 30% owner-occupied. However, not more than 10% of the rented units can be owned by one entity, which means that the builder of a new project must keep most units vacant.

Here's a blog detailing the updates and the temporary guide.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 16, 2009
Cameron Norfleet answered:
The link below has a lot of great info on waterbury. If you have any questions, give me a call at 203.887.4420
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 4, 2010
Amanda Albert answered:
Yes, that is behind Nino's off of Scott Road. Send your email and I will send you the available units.

0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 7, 2009
Kayle asked:
--This question is about St Francis Xavier School:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 15, 2009
Don Fabrizio-Garcia answered:
How much damage? If it's only a burst pipe, maybe $1,000 or so for a plumber.
If the water leaked through the house and froze....then you may be looking at plumbing work, electrical work, drywall replacement, flooring replacement, and so on. I've seen cases where the damage was well over $40,0000. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 19, 2009
Don Fabrizio-Garcia answered:
The best place to start would be to hire a real estate agent and list the home to sell. It sounds as though the home may need work, so you will need to be sure to list the home at a price that reflects its condition as well as your desire to sell quickly.

Being that an inheritance and a life estate is involved here, you should be sure to speak with a real estate attorney to make sure everything is in order regards to the title of the home - if you cannot deliver clear title to the home to the new buyers, then you will not be able to sell the home.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 26, 2008
Jim Mellen answered:
Start with calling a good real estate attorney in your area. if there is a way to help you out of the contract they will find it, but there are penalties for defaulting so make sure you consult with an attorney. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 15, 2009
Cheryl Adamo answered:

If you have an agent I can't help you in how to go through the process especially if you are signed with that agent. Here's my website for reference

Cheryl Adamo
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 20, 2009
Joel answered:
Wed Feb 11, 2009
William James Walton, Sr. answered:
Are you looking to buy, or sell? Knowing the details of your request will be key in your receiving the answers that you seek.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 13, 2007
Aileen-Manhattan-NYC answered:

Are you open to considering other areas to live? There are areas in Queens that may fit your needs. Good neighborhoods, good schools, established bedroom community, parks, near the water, low real estate taxes, and no tolls to NYC. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice