Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in 03109 : Real Estate Advice

  • All3
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Mon Jul 5, 2010
Christopher Lefebvre answered:
I recommend that you contact an attorney about this matter. Also, just an idea, but could you talk with your tenants and ask them to only deal directly with you from now on or a new management company if you choose to hire another one? ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed May 5, 2010
Carl Johnson answered:
Your best bet is to call an attorney for advice.

It sounds like he is a "tenant at will". There is no lease so basically he is there on a month t month basis.

The best bet is to give him notice to leave in writing. Give a reasonable time frame. IF he does not go you may have to evict. This would involve the owners of the property. Which would be your parents. I would advise AGAINST doing things to make life difficult for him as there can be severe consequences. So do not have cable turned off or electricity etc. (Sometimes people resort to this when they want to avoid confrontation) Again, do not do that.

It is worth spending 15 minutes with an attorney so that you fully understand your rights and more importantly your parents rights.

Dealing with friends and family is very difficult. Best of luck to you in this.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice