Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

03064 : Real Estate Advice

  • All3
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 58
Wed Oct 9, 2013
Lou Brawley answered:
Suggest you request a copy of the Home Owners Association Budget and Financials, check the condo fee and taxes as well.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 25, 2013
William Brown answered:
A reasonable opening bid would depend on the fair market value of the property in question.
A lot of times at foreclosure auctions the bank will take the property back for less then market value in order to minimize tax stamps, especially if no one shows up to bid. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 5, 2013
Dan Bergeron answered:
I can email you a couple names of lenders that can give you advice as to how to proceed. If you're interested email my assistant Allison at: Sincerely, Dan Bergeron ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 25, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
Jeanne I do not see it, you may want call the auctioneer directly and simply ask.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Touria & Mark B. answered:
I recommend Dave Stoddard - he's at the Nashua/Milford office at St Marys Bank. His number is 603-629-1535 or toll free 1.888.705.9596 St. Marys may have a private portfolio program that would meet your needs.

Good Luck!

Sandy Johnson
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 13, 2012
Jason Duval answered:
There are opportunities for all types of renters out there right now. Many of the rental communities like Woodlands of Nashua, Canterbury Apts will work with you. House rentals could be a bit more difficult as most looking to rent a single home do not have the resources behind them that the larger community and complex management companies do. I would start by looking to some of the larger rental complexes consisting of multiple apartment buildings. Good Luck. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 22, 2012
Tim Joyce answered:
Good morning - I cannot find the home through the MLS. Do you have a listing # or source where you found the home? Drop me a note and I would be glsd to help


Tim Joyce
Keller Williams Realty
20 Trafalgar Sq. Suite 101
"The Glass Tower"
Nashua, NH 03063
Cell: 603-765-3761
Office: 603-821-1120
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Dec 24, 2012
Tim Dolan - Southern NH answered:
good Morning - this could be a creative method of providing home ownership to your tenant and getting you out of the landlord game. Been tried and done many times before.

There are many books and local resources that can help. To answer your direct questions; 1) your benefit; typically the buyer/tenant is responsible for most repairs and expenses, you probably will get a higher than market selling price, you should get a nonrefundable option fee, you probably will get a good income stream with the interest charge. 2) i would have a local lawyer draft up the paperwork, while being fair but leaning towards your benefit. 3) i don't believe it will hurt your credit "per se" but your name is still on the mortgage thus limiting your investment oppts.

call me and we can talk more, Tim Dolan 603-320-6495
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 30, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
New Hampshire is a RECOURSE state, meaning that the Bank can come after the Homeowner for the difference between the outstanding loan balance and the amount of the sale.
It is called a Deficiency Judgement.
If there is a 2nd Lien, the problem gets even worse.
If the Bank is asking for a promissory note; it sounds like they are allowing the homeowner to pay the difference over time, instead of filing suit.
This is between the Bank and the Seller, and the Buyer should not be involved, unless they wanted to be, (to hold the deal together.)
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 2, 2012
sheila cheney answered:
Hi Heather, It sounds like it still could pass but if it doesnt everything is a negotiation! Perhaps if you did give more money you could have the bank fix it. Typically banks would rather sell to an investor than bother with fixing anything. A 203k loan would be a good way of doing it. You can purchase and get the work done in 6 months by a certified construction company.
Good luck and I hope it passes for you!
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 10, 2012
Guy Gimenez answered:
The home doesn't go into foreclosure "due to PMI," the bank forecloses "because" of PMI. It allows the lender to be made whole and the insurance company takes the loss, which is the purpose of requiring PMI. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 5, 2012
Cheryl Cummings answered:
Hi there:
Do you mean "work with" as in assisting with finding another rental? Or "work with" to rebuild credit/past and rebuild? Not sure what way you or someone in need of assistance needs the advice or help. There is always the NH based United Way resource, 211. Just dial that number from any NH phone line and you will be connected with an operator who has every state/private agency that will work with/consult you as well.
I hope this helps. If not, please feel free to email me or give me a call and I can find a more custom answer for you and your needs.

:) Cheryl Cummings
Prudential Verani Realty
187 Main Dunstable Road
Nashua, NH 03060
(603) 521-4275
(603) 888-4600
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jan 2, 2018
John R. Fisher answered:
hehe that's one of the better questions posted here:)
Being from the "non believer sect" on this subject I'd say only if you want it to be:) but I cannot comment on a specific address about anything.
Actually there was a court case years ago on something like this and it was determined that since hauntings and ghosts are not considered fact rumors or reputations of them do not have to be disclosed. A few agencies I have seen over the years have a disclosure line item asking this question but to me that's nuts. The courts ruled on the subject so its best for agents to stay out of it....unless answering on Trulia:)
My best argument against hauntings is that if "ghosts" haunt the places they die in wouldn't hospitals be extremely haunted? :)
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 23, 2012
sheila cheney answered:
Your best bet is to call your bank and ask. Your credit after a short sale is usually harmed by about 4 years. It isnt as harmful as a foreclosure which can be 7 years. All of these things can depend on the situation. If I had to guess 4 years. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun May 11, 2014
Tim Moore answered:
As a tenant at will you have almost no rights or time limits. They can tell you to leave almost anytime.
Good luck.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 15, 2011
Sandy Grimes answered:
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue May 24, 2011
Scott Godzyk answered:
It occasionally does happen. Most banks hire an asset management company to dispose of the asset, that company hires a local realtor to sell the property and uses a local attorney for eviction. There is cases where the bank sells the asset to another bank or if the loan wasinsured by a PMI company thaey then take teh property and can delay taking possession of the asset.

At this point you could check the tax card in NAshua to see who they list as teh owner and find the bank that way.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 21, 2011
scott farmer answered:
I think you need to go back to the divorce docs to see what your settlement agreement says about the home. Seek legal advice first before moving forward with another property.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 5, 2011
Dallas Texas answered:
1) You need to confer with attorney.
2) Review inspection report any rights you signed off on not to sue
3) Review all documents signed at closing

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice