Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in 03063 : Real Estate Advice

  • All6
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 4
Sat Mar 10, 2012
Guy Gimenez answered:
The home doesn't go into foreclosure "due to PMI," the bank forecloses "because" of PMI. It allows the lender to be made whole and the insurance company takes the loss, which is the purpose of requiring PMI. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 20, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
You need to hire an independant apprasiser, not your agent. A BPO shows what houses have sold for in the last 3 months and what houses are currently listed for that are in competition to your home. You need to take the sales comps and narrow them down. Adjust for what you have or dont have that the comsp have, use the comps closest to your home, use the comps closest in being the same style, same size, same condition as yours. You should have been able to get that value down within a narrower margin, Usually no more than 10k. Such as the highest comp should be your asking price and the lowest comp being what you will probabily receive in this market. Where you are listed another agent can not really interfer with your listing agent by completing a bpo for you so you need an appraiser and instruct them to not look at what you are listed at and dont tell them what your offer is. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 20, 2017
Holly Keating answered:
Mrs. Tyler:
Since you knew ahead of time that your landlord was selling the house, the only money you may be entitled to is your security deposit if in fact the property is not damaged. Why would you want the new owner or existing one to go through the eviction process? First of all, you would want to be able to give your new landlord your previous landlords name and phone number so you could get a good reference. Having the landlord evict you will go on your credit report, and make it that much harder for you to get a good reference. Taking you to court for the eviction process is one way to handle getting you out of there, but, I would recommend meeting the new landlord and asking if you can sign a new lease with him,and make sure you pay on time. As a landlord the laws are different in each state, however whenever you dig your heels in and play tough, the landlord will take on a tough attitude as well. It is human nature for people to react the same way they have are being treated. It is much easier to be nice and polite than difficult and defensive. Good Luck ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 4, 2009
Jeff and Ginny Mitchell answered:
If you really need to know the usual time delay for recording a sale and mortgage, call the County Tax Assessor's office or the County Clerk. You could also check with a Title Company or real estate attorney's office. Are you from Wilton, CT? My son lives there - a beautiful community. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice