Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 02361 : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 21
Wed May 1, 2013
Heath Coker answered:
I am listing a similar size house in Plymouth with waterviews - on Saturday possibly.
Send me a note or text and I'll show it to you.
It may be more than your budget though, at $220,000.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Heath Coker answered:
There are 4 in the MLS.
Listing professionals are:
Century 21 O'Neil & Associates (508) 384-8121 List Agent: Barbara Rae Stanford
O Malley-Brady Realty, Inc. (508) 761-8531 List Agent: John Brady (2)
Ponte & Associates Real Estate (508) 324-4800 List Agent: Michael Arruda

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 15, 2013
Anthony Piemonte answered:
Sun Nov 4, 2012
Sarah Goulart Nathe answered:
Hi Helen,
They vary but normally hover around $900 a month including the recreation fee (which includes golf). There is also a requirement to spend about 900 a year at the restaurant.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Masha Senderovich answered:
There are some programs available through some cities, but you would have to call the town hall and find out who you can speak to in regards to this, in each city you're considering buying into. I know the funding for such programs has all but dried up over the years, but if you find one, it will be some sort of a down payment assistance loan, in all likelihood. Such programs are typically restricted to various income levels, and will restrict the deed on the property - what you can do with it, how long you have to live there, how much you can sell it for, and to whom. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 21, 2013
Lynne Hagopian answered:
Most of the time it is paid for and done by the seller. There are certain circumstances, such in some short sales, where the seller cannot pay to complete it and list that it will be the obligation of the buyer. Your buyer's agent should be able to help you determine the situation of the properties you wish to pursue.

Lynne Hagopian
Hammond Residential
508 648-0393
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 7, 2013
John Muscarella answered:
Under MA law when a home changes hands a Title V inspection must be performed by the Seller at seller's cost. If the septic system was inspected and passed within 2 years it is not necessary as the "pass" will still be valid. If the septic system was inspected and passed within 3 years and it has been pumped annually it will not need to be reinspected.

Under some circumstances the seller (a bank owned home, a short sale) can ask the buyer to assume responsibility for all septic inspections and repairs. This needs to be spelled out in the MLS or listing service/documents so the buyer is aware of this. Some times a seller will hold the inspection and upon failure will ask buyer to assume costs. Again this must be spelled out in MLS or listing service/documents.

If you are in the middle of a Real Estate transaction and find out your septic system has failed and it will not be able to be repaired or replaced before the closing, the bank giving the buyer the loan will require you to escrow 1.5 times the estimate to fix or replace the system. For example if the cost of replacing the septic system is $20,000 you are going to required to escrow $30,000. Please note that not every bank will allow a septic escrow. The buyer may end up having to wait until the installation is complete.

As you can see getting your Title V done and out of the way with no problems is a huge deal! If you are unfortunate enough to have to replace your septic system, there are a few programs to ease the pain. See the Loan and tax credit information below:

Homeowner Septic Loan Program

If your septic system has failed Title 5 inspection there is a loan program in place that can help you. Participating banks offer low interest rates to eligible homeowners through this Massachusetts Housing Program. For more information contact the Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency (MHFA), 617-723-0500 or go to their Web site:
MassHousing Web site Here is the PDF for the Homeowner Septic Loan Repair program.

Tax Credit

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts provides a tax credit of up to $6,000 over 4 years to defray the cost of septic repairs to a primary residence. Forms are available from the Department of Revenue (DOR) to allow homeowners to claim up to $6,000 in tax credits for septic upgrades. The credit cannot exceed $1,500 in any year and may be spread out over 4 years. The tax credit is limited to work done on a primary residence only. Tax Form Schedule SC is the correct form for the tax credits.
MassDOR Web site
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 27, 2012
user3539338 answered:
Many home sellers in Plymouth are either banks, who have just acquired the property through foreclosure, or short sale sellers who may lack the availability of funds to have the systems inspected. Plymouth is a very large town geographically and very diverse with respect to property values and home owner incomes. Last year there were areas in Plymouth where as much as 65% of the properties sold were either short sales or foreclosures. Other areas were substantially less. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 9, 2012
Heidi Zizza answered:
there is no property address here.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 20, 2011
Don Maclary answered:
Forget the pets, Now is the time to buy! when you calculate interest rate and prices, house hunting can't get much better.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 2, 2011
Sarah Goulart Nathe answered:
I am a realtor in Plymouth. Your best bet would be to contact the zoning board when you are searching for a property or to find a property already zoned for this type of business. Please let me know if I can help you in the process or point you in the right direction of land or homes that may be able to accomodate this need.

Sarah Nathe
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 18, 2012
dave answered:
The Realtor who is placing that information in the sytem for you to view is taskign the records directly form the tax records an town hall to begin with....basically yo cna verify that she has inputted it corerectly. I also would do a visual walk through and inspection of the property to make sure there were no additional rooms added onto the house without a permit. it could come back to haunt you down the road.

The town hall should be able to provide you with the tax records. Teh tax records will give you the square footage of the home when it was first recorded and all subsequent sale times. you will want to ensure that the squre footage is accurate.

Second, you will be able to find out the size of the property. In regards to the acres and approximate dimension size. I always recommend when you are buying a house; after you bought it have it surveyed. but the plat map should give you a good estimate of where to look for approximate borders.

A good realtor shoudl be able to help you out in verifying the information for you as well....
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 24, 2010
Alan May answered:
yeah, there probably are.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 11, 2009
Wen Farina answered:
it is currently under agreement with an accepted offer. You can keep an eye on it as sometimes buyers can not meet certain contingencies and the house is then put back on the market; I have a beautiful colonial house that I am selling in Plymouth (not beach side) there on Paula Rd. if you need more information on the one on Beach Rd let me know

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 29, 2009
Deb McCourt answered:
Help us out here. Colby Drive in what town?

0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 1, 2009
Greer Swiston answered:
It really varies on the seller and what agreement that the buyer and seller can come to. I would recommend that you consult a real estate attorney to help draw up the terms.

What I have seen an arrangement where the lease was a temporary arrangement to be no more than a year during which the buyer/tenant is paying a rent that covers the seller's monthly mortgage payments and has a little extra time to gather the necessary resources for a down payment at which point the tenant gets right of first refusal should an offer come thru on the property. Perhaps the buyer might even be "creditted" any contributions to the principal as "going towards the sale price" of the house.

But it truly is a case by case basis depending on what the objective is for the seller ... to cover monthly payments? to get rid of the debt liability? And then a custom agreement is drawn by the respective attorneys to which both parties agree.

So basically, there isn't a "usually" about such a case.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 10, 2009
Chris Head answered:
The condo fees vary by unit, and there are different management companies managing different buildings and units within White Cliffs. So the answer to your question is that it depends on the unit. Things may have changed since I had a listing there, but all property owners have a mandatory club fee and dining room minimums in addition to the condo fee. Some agents bundle all the fees together in the MLS and others break them out separately. So you may have to do some math to compare units. Your best bet would be to call White Cliffs at 508-888-8700 or the accounting office at 508-888-6214 to get the current club fee and dining room minimum.

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 21, 2008
Hi Steve!

I suppose that best way to find out if the offer has been presented is just to ask your agent.....! :-)

But just to give an overview...

From my experience, in current real estate market, there are 2 main ways in which a prospective homebuyer would have to deal with the bank accepting/approving an offer on a property. Foreclosures and short sales. In a foreclosure, the bank is the seller. In a short sale, the owners are the sellers, and the bank needs to approve the offer.

The challenge for you and your agent is that banks can be difficult to deal with.

During foreclosures, the listing agent will likely have a well established relationship with the bank who has foreclosed on the property, and the process should flow smoothly, albeit slower than dealing with your typical homeowner.

On the same token, short sales can become an extended process over a few months. The reason for that is... the bank takes forever!!! In this situation, the agent establishes the market value of the property and pushes for bank approval. Some banks are more organized than others, but the listing agent could end up sitting by the phone and fax machine for hours and hours trying to get through to the right people who can make your deal go through.

If you really love the property and you're getting it for a good price, just relax and wait. Ask your buyer's agent how the process is going, they should be able to give you an idea of where you're at. Often times, short sales are approved, they just take awhile.

I hope that helps! Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 2, 2008
Gerry Bourgeois answered:

According to MLSPIN, the property you are inquiring about is showing that it is Under Agreement (Sale Pending) with an anticipated sale date of 7/29/2008. It indicates that it went under agreement on the 19th of May.

Therefore, my advice for you is to look for another house. Even though this market is pretty 'beaten up' properties do in fact Sell.

Best of luck.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice