Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... : Nationwide Real Estate Advice

  • All712K
  • Local Info60K
  • Home Buying261K
  • Home Selling44K
  • Market Conditions26K

Activity 1,629
Tue Apr 16, 2013
lilmommie882005 asked:
Let's say I want to buy a property, then rent it out? What items should be on my checklist for the state of Ohio?

0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 25, 2013
Trulia Customer Service answered:
Hi Susan,

Niki at Trulia here. I don't see any product on your profile to cancel. You may deactivate your free profile by contacting our Customer Support team directly by email at or by calling 1-888-466-3501.

Thank you for using Trulia for all of your real estate needs, we hope you think of us in the future if you need a real estate search engine again.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Apr 14, 2013
Tina Lam answered:
You need to do it on your MLS.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 15, 2015
2theresaparker answered:
Here in Las Vegas...There are actually three types simply put:
You have a Broker who may own the agency by meeting State of NV and financial criteria for operations...They take full responsiblity for all agents.
Broker/Salesperson...they must meet State of NV requirements of college education or years of experience. They do not run operations of the real estate agency.
Then there is the salesperson they have
to meet State of NV requirements. The licensing test for brokers/sales person is the same with the exception of about four more additional questions for the broker.
Simply put...There are no difference of commission income between broker salesperson and salesperson
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Andy Matejka answered:
Did you originally qualify for the mortgage loan?

When you became separated, did he re-qualify for a loan and refinance? Did you sign a quit claim deed?

What does your separation agreement say you are responsible to pay? ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 9, 2013
Yul Park answered:

I have a referral who is an accomplished developer / contractor who can answer any questions you may have with the building process. He is fully licensed, insured, and has a portfolio that shows a wide range of projects. Please tell him Yul referred you.

Dave Nahm
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Don Tepper answered:
A verbal agreement is unenforceable in real estate.

Essentially, without a written agreement, there's no lease. I'm not a lawyer, so this isn't legal advice. But without a lease, at best what the tenant has is a month-to-month arrangement with you.

And I use the word "tenant" with some reservation.

Check with a lawyer, but my first reaction is that you've got two choices:

(1) Since the person wants to stay, if you're willing to accept fair market payments from him, send him a lease that requires monthly payments (not barter services). If he signs it, great. You now have a lease, receiving the payments you want.

(2) If you simply want him out, sent him a notice asking him to move within 30 days. And this is why I'm not a lawyer: I wouldn't even refer to him as a "tenant." That might establish him as a tenant, in which case you might have to go through a formal eviction process. If he's not a tenant, then there's no tenant to evict--simply someone who you've allowed to stay in the house without any sort of written agreement.

Check with a lawyer for more information.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Trulia Customer Service answered:
Hi! Carol here at Trulia. Trulia is a host site for real estate listings on properties for sale and for rent; these do not include ownership information. You may access public records for ownership information by contacting the County Assessors or Recorders office in which the property is located.

We hope your experience with Trulia is memorable and thank you for using Trulia for all your real estate needs.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Keith Jean-Pierre answered:
It depends on if you are hiring them for the buying side or selling side.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Yanoska Diaz answered:
Get familiarized with various Lending Institutions and inquire about their current mortgage rates.

Go to the bank or credit union where you already have a checking or savings account and ask what types of mortgage deals they offer current customers.

Ask friends, family members and your Real Estate Agent for referrals to loan officers and mortgage brokers who gave them good, professional service and helped them find a competitive loan.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 29, 2013
Simoni Shah answered:
Hi Tesa! Carol here at Trulia. We do not have an archive option in your Trulia "My Contacts." You may either retain the contacts or delete them. You may want to archive your contacts in your email account to manage them. We hope your experience with Trulia is memorable and thank you for using Trulia for all your real estate needs. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 21, 2013
Cindy Valek Mottl answered:
Is your house on the market with a Realtor? If so, the pictures they take for the MLS listing should all be current. Those would be the ones seen on Trulia listings. If you're listing is more than 2 years old, you need to get new photos...or a new price. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 21, 2013
Nathan Plount answered:
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Jason Jenkins asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Trulia Customer Service answered:
Hi Michele and Bill! Thank you for letting us know you'd like to cancel your account. We need additional information and we'd be happy to assist you if you will give us a call at 1-888-466-3501 with the email address with which we can access your account. In the meantime, thank you for using Trulia and we look forward to your call. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 15, 2013
Tina Lam answered:
As always, it depends. Are you looking for a job with a broker? Looking to partner with a broker? Asking a broker to help you buy/sell a house?
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 1, 2014
jacquie Owens answered:
"A property in in conveyance condition when it has not been damaged by any natural disasters like a flood, fire, hurricane, earth quake, tornado or boiler explosion. There are certain M&M contractors whom may have additional conveyance requirements also like the grass length in season or any potential dangerous debris with on the exterior property.
Generally in the Property Preservation Field conveyance is, property in clean sell able condition. No trash or previous owner possessions left and the house in the condition ready to show ."

If I can be of further help in understanding the ins and outs of real estate, don't hesitate to call, text or email me.

Jacquie O
Prudential CA Realty Palm Springs
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 31, 2013
Rodney Mason answered:
For legal advice, you would need to contact an attorney.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 25, 2013
Tim Moore answered:
Being on straight commission is not fun or easy and it takes getting use to. Save, Save , Save because you will need to fall back on it when sales get slow -- and they will from time to time. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice