Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance : Nationwide Real Estate Advice

  • All705K
  • Local Info59K
  • Home Buying259K
  • Home Selling43K
  • Market Conditions26K

Activity 687
Thu Jul 11, 2013
William Polack answered:
Sorry, but you need to elaborate. Your question doesn't make sense.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 12, 2012
Bhgre PorchLightNJ answered:
elizabethtown gas...
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Donald Stevens answered:
The average cost is between $300-$2500. Replacement value of home, your personal insurance score, and the type of policy you buy will affect your rate.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Donald Stevens answered:
There are a couple of factors that would affect the cost.
Replacement cost of the home which is determined by the type of building materials used to build the house, territory or zip code, your insurance history such as insurance score and claims history if any, and a few other factors depending on the company. Its always best to get a couple quotes and compare not just rates but also coverage. Some policies are broad form and some are special which are very different contracts. You really need to get some quotes from insurance agents and compare them. Its a bit of work but hopefully the company you get insured with is the one you keep for a while. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Contact a few local insurance companies and ask for free estimates based on your needs, then choose the package and company that best suits those needs...
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Beate Rodriguez answered:

if the property is located in Broward County, please click the link below. On the very top of the "Broward County Property Appraiser" website you will have an option to use the "TAX ESTIMATOR".

Furthermore, your Loan Originator and/or Real Estate Professional can look up the property taxes for a particular home of your choice.

Best of luck,

Beate Rodriguez
Lic. Loan Originator
Cell: 954.695.4849
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 4, 2012
John Snyder answered:
I would recommend that a lease is written up (even if this is only for a week) and include a mandate for Renters Insurance with a clear liability clause included in it. This is standard in my rental leases for anything I deal with. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 1, 2012
Donald Stevens answered:
For insurance to cover the damage it would have to be caused by a covered peril. IE., water, fire, wind, etc. Insurance companies will list what perils are covered and/or excluded. If the damage was prexisting and caused by a covered peril it may be possible to file a claim on the previous homeowners policy if it can be proved it happened while the previous owners policy was insuring the house. Any claim is a legal issue and if you are not sure there are attorneys who will willingly explore your options. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 30, 2012
Donald Stevens answered:
If the owner doesn't reside at the property then a traditional homeowners policy will not suffice. The best type of policy would be a landlord policy. Similar to a homeowners with an allowance for nonowner residents. We write these all the time but the situtation is usually reversed where the parents buy a house and the adult children live in the home. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed May 30, 2012
Lee Taylor answered:
I suggest that you call an insurance agent referred to you by someone that you know and trust.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 15, 2013
Laura Giannotta answered:
Call IKM Insurance. They're located on Long Beach Island, but cover all the Jersey shore towns. Speak to Cathy at (609) 494-9200
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 11, 2014
Dallas Texas answered:
Best to confer with insurance agents be outside of scope of knowledge a Realtor would know based on many factors involved in pricing insurance, including your credit scores .

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer

Follow me on Facebook
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 13, 2016
Fred Strickroot SRES, MBA answered:
When I sell a home, before closing I always get a letter from the county about the location of the nearest fire hydrant. Go to the below link and follow the instructions. In the past, I have always gotten a quick response.


Fred Strickroot, Realtor®, MBA, CDPE
Florida Lic. Real Estate Brokerage
2154 Seven Springs Blvd, Suite 103
Trinity, FL 34655
Get Connected on Facebook
Fred Strickroot | HomeNet
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Larry Stovall answered:
My insurance agent told me last year that it is $100/sf.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sun May 27, 2012
Charles David Clark answered:
I depends upon the community specific complex. Which one are you thinking about.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Thu May 24, 2012
Myke Atwater answered:
It would depend on what finishes you would be looking at. Most new construction is selling at about 100-110/sq ft but that includes the lot. Best thing would be for you to check with a builder. I would recommend checking with randy wise homes or core construction who built the homes on chappelwood.

Myke Triebold
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 24, 2012
Tammy Hayes answered:
It depends on the zone the home is in, the age of the home, the features of the home, if the home qualifies for discounts. There is no average insurance price. You can go to Type in the address of the home. It will tell you if the home is in a flood zone. It will also give you a range of insurance rates and some homeowner insurance companies to call.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty, Port Charlotte, FL
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu May 24, 2012
Ann Griffin answered:
I cannot question the answer without more information, such as what is being replaced, what kind of quality and features will go into the replacement, and where is it. I strongly suggest you contact a couple of licensed contractors in your area for estimates. If you don't know any, ask your friends and neighbors for referrals.

Replacement costs vary enormously so get at least three estimates, in writing.

If you are attempting to price an unusual property using the cost method, your best bet is to seek out a qualified appraiser for your area, and work with a Realtor familiar with the type of property.

Best of luck,
Ann Griffin
Coldwell Banker Trails and Paths
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu May 24, 2012
Tina Lam answered:
Being previously bank owned isn't a factor that's considered by insurance companies.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
... 5 6 7 8 9 ...
Search Advice