Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance : Nationwide Real Estate Advice

  • All720K
  • Local Info60K
  • Home Buying264K
  • Home Selling45K
  • Market Conditions26K

Activity 687
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Nicole Alvarez answered:
Any home that was built in 2002 or later should qualify for the most recent building requirements allowing the maximum mitigation discount on their premium. There are many factors such as where the property is located, beaches vs. inland as well as what type of structure you are insuring, wood frame vs. concrete block as well as the type of roof that was being installed at time of construction. My best advice is to make a few calls to various insurance agents and compare their quotes with the coverage they are offering. If you need assistance in locating an insurance agent or have any other additional questions or concerns you can always reach me at 904-548-3032. Thank you. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Tom Carpenter answered:
You would need to get a quote from an insurance company. It depends on how much value they are insuring.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Ingrid Ski Realtor answered:
Hi margarita

Is what obligatory in San Francisco?
Need more info pls. I know you have asked several questions already.
Please email me with your specific question

Ingrid Ski Realtor
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 27, 2013
Keith Jean-Pierre answered:
We would need to know other factors in order to give you a good idea of the PMI but you can try for yourself using a PMI Calculator. Here is a link to a good one:

Good luck
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 25, 2013
Tim Moore answered:
Look, here is the bottom line on flood insurance. Unless you use Lloyd's of London and pay 10 times what FEMA charges, then your choice is FEMA. That's really all you got here and any agent will be meaningless since they all use the same FEMA insurance. The only difference is where you mail the check, the agent then pays FEMA so it does not matter, it's all FEMA. If you have a claim your agent does not come out, they send a FEMA agent so the agent you mail your check to is irrelevant. Use the same agent you have your home owners insurance or car insurance with. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 24, 2014
Joelle Larroche answered:
I have recommended him to many clients who were all very satisfied:

Charles M. Chernick, J.D., CIC
Arthur Chernick Co., Inc.
370 Lexington Ave. at 41st St.
Suite #1400
New York NY 10017
T: 212-697-2147 X 201
F: 212-972-0589
C: 914-588-6455
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 22, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
I would think that it would depend on the Insurance Company:
Both ways:
Some companies will reinburse the value at some previous date, (when the policy was written), and some will escallate the coverage, (and the premiums) to make it "total" on the date of the loss.
This is probably a good instance where the "Low BId" is not a good idea.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 17, 2013
Terri Vellios answered:
What is your question? You should have rules and HOA fees for shared walls and common areas. If the HOA is asking for insurance change I recommend you discuss this with your insurance carrier and lender. Whats in your bylaws and rules? ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Melvin A. Castro answered:
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Paul White answered:
It depends on the a lot of factors. Typically one can expect to pay 800-1400/yr. Call your insurance agent to get more accurate numbers.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 13, 2013
Charisse Reed and Jack Folsom answered:
Hi yes most loans require taxes and insurance to be part of monthly payment, any other questions just ask thanks, charisse_reed@yahoo. Com
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 6, 2013
Donald Stevens answered:
Loss assessment is a seperate coverage on your policy and the deductible more than likely will apply. Sorry.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 5, 2013
Phil Rotondo answered:
It could vary depending on the unit; and it could even be part of the insurance already in place for the complex.
Do you have a particular unit in mind??
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Jose Dias answered:
Based on what I have seen from my clients in that price range, insurance would be around $1,400/month.

I hope this helps.

Jose Dias, REALTOR
(623) 418-5700
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 8, 2013
Emil Veltre answered:
Hi Parker,

I believe there can be several answers to your question depending on your purpose for asking. If it is for business use and tax purposes you should definitely consult your CPA, however, you usually can take a square footage percentage of annual expenses. If you are looking to sell it outright you would need to consult an attorney as you would most likely need a separate deed for the garage to complete the transaction. If, as it appears, your question is with regards to Home Insurance I would consult your Insurance Agent. Last, but not least, you can compare what comparable homes in your area have sold for with and without garages to come up with an estimated value.

I know this does not answer your question directly, however, there are many scenarios with each having their own corresponding answer.

With that said, I hope this helps. If I can be of service to you or anyone you know with regards to a Real Estate-related assistance please contact me at 973.868.4034 or
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 25, 2013
clajanjen asked:
A 2 year home warranty was given to me as a condition of the sale of a home purchased by the seller. I wish to cancel it and get the money instead. Does the home warranty agency have ...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Lauren Swieterman answered:
ummm, What is your question?
If you are new to Trulia and you just want some help with real estate questions just shoot me a email,

I can help you that way so you dont have to take Trulias sometimes confusing directions, Its understandably confusing at times for people that dont access it on a daily basis:)

But in getting answers to things/properties/area details etc, whatever you need for a Westerville reference, email is easy.

Hope this helps! Hope to hear from you soon

Have a good night,
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jan 20, 2013
Sherlie Joseph answered:
Yes, however it depends the home features and updates. Give me a call or inbox me if interested.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 19, 2013
Hi Richard, You really should contact and insurer or insurers to get the answers about rates and whether east of 181 would be less than west of 181.
Personally, I think decent rates can be found based on lots of different issues - age of the property for example.
Good luck...
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice