Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Government Tax Foreclosure Sale All Locations : Nationwide Real Estate Advice

  • All705K
  • Local Info59K
  • Home Buying259K
  • Home Selling43K
  • Market Conditions26K

Activity 890
Showing results for Government Tax Foreclosure Sale [Clear search]
Wed Feb 1, 2012
Susan Blanford answered:
The best place to find bank owned properties for sale is through a real estate agent. They have access to that info through their local board of realtors. Auctioned properties in my state of Ohio are available through the local county sheriff's website. But buyer beware - - - ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 23, 2012
Jackie Valiente answered:
Definitely! Give Troy Kenniger a call at (702) 306-2320 or e-mail him He will give you a call back right away (once he wakes up of course).

Once you get pre qualified, give me a call at 702.518.9697 to start a search for you. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 19, 2012
Caryn Baker answered:

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing financial difficulties, however, it is currently more the norm than not. A typical foreclosure in Florida is taking 700+ days on average, so you shouldn't have to worry about being removed and/or locked out of the home in the near future. Have you contacted your mortgage company and attempted any type of loan modiciation? If you have and it's not worked out or if this is not an option for you, I would strongly suggest you list your property for sale as a short sale. Currently, through 2012, as part of the mortgage and debt relief act of 2007, you can short sale your property with the goal of having your deficiency amount (amount left owed to the bank after the sale) forgiven and as part of the debt relief act, if this home is your primary residence or if you can prove insolvency, your tax consquences on the sale will also be forgiven. There is quite a bit of information that should be discussed with you. I'm happy to do so. I am a Certified Distressed Property Expert, my area of expertise is Ormond Beach and I specialize in short sales and foreclosures. I'm happy to speak with you at your convenience - 386-871-3185. I wish you the best of luck. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 5, 2012
Michael Cheng answered:
Sat Jan 14, 2012
Ron Leis answered:
Have you looked into the HARP program or the HAMP program? Look these programs up on the internet and see who you can contact for help. There are quite a few government sponsored help groups out there that can guide you through the process. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Wed May 17, 2017
Dot Chance answered:
Send me a message with the complete info, address and who you think the owner is and I will verify it for you

Dot Chance, Realtor®
Certified Distressed Property Expert – CDPE®
DRE License #01494182
Keller Williams Realty World Media Center

WHEN YOU THINK OF REAL ESTATE...Think! My business thrives from your referrals!
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 18, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
When a Foreclosure occurs, the Bank wants to take Title to the property;
If there is an outstanding LIEN, there will be a "cloud" on the Title.
The Bank had to have done something about that; it will be more of a problem for the Bank that it will be for you. They will not be able to sell the house with that "cloud" on the Title.
You live in a state with Non-Recourse legislation; meaning that the Banks cannot come after you for the Deficiency.
So between the two things, you should be able to just sit tight and let things work themselves out.
Good luck and may God bless
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 1, 2012
Karen Cunningham answered:
The best way to find financing programs is to talk to a lender and get pre-qualified. There are several options depending on how much money you have to put down and your credit score. It is possible to buy a home with 0 down but the home has to also meet the program requirements.

I can give the names of several lenders that are knowledgeable about the different options available today. Call me at 352-804-6472 or email me at
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 6, 2016
Chris Eisenhard answered:
I would recommend getting with a local buyer's agent in the area you wish to purchase. Please let me know if you wish to connect with an agent in a certain area and I can recommend an agent through our referal program at Coldwell Banker. ... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 20, 2011
Ron Thomas answered:
When the Banks look at your Credit Record, they do not see if the property was a Primary Residence or an Investment; they don't care.
It is a Foreclosure.
The lastest word is that a Shortsale will stay with you for 2 years, and a Foreclosure, for 3 years.
There may be some flexibility on this in the future.

Good luck and may God bless
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 16, 2012
Paul May answered:
6 months on a first mtg- 2nd is longer-
Please consult an attorney to verify- we can put you in touch with ours-
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 12, 2012
Ed Salinas answered:
It's really easy you just need to get in contact with me, Ed Salinas the realtor that is helping a bunch of people on this easy financial market.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 12, 2011
Tim Moore answered:
Our government is giving away money again. I would too if it was someone else' s money. This is nothing new. You should see a list of the foundations, non-profit places, countries, and businesses our country gives away our tax dollars to. It made my jaw drop, we need less of that. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu May 3, 2012
David Krulac answered:
Fri Nov 25, 2011
Mario Romero answered:
Good morning Sheila,

YES! Please let me know if you want us to obtain best financing program available to you, so that when you do make your offer a loan approval letter will be attached, giving you a much higher chance of obtaining seller acceptance.

Best regards,
Mario Romero

Mortgage Banker
832 818 5868
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 16, 2011
Ron Thomas answered:
Take the paperwork down to the local IRS office;
I have found them very helpful.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 13, 2011
Christopher Pagli answered:
Hi, It depends on the state, I would say 45-90 is normal. It also depends on all parties involved, especially the lender.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 22, 2013
Shanna Rogers answered:
Hi Bigeating,

Why would you have to pay the state/government? If you're talking about capital gains, it would be best to consult an accountant.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty ... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 30, 2011
BG answered:
I heard foot traffic increases in Summer -> equate to rise in price ? not a clue !
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 8, 2011
Shane Milne answered:
No one *has* to be on the loan unless their income is needed to qualify.

However in a community property state, such as us here in California, even if the spouse of the borrower would not be on the loan, the "non-borrowing spouse's" credit does need to be checked when a government (FHA, VA as well as USDA) loan is being done. The reason being is to include the non-borrowing spouse's debt payments into the borrowers debt to income ratio. Meaning if you have a credit card payment (or car loan, or student loan, etc.) only in your name, that would be included in your husband's debts when calculating how much he can qualify for.

If you ask HUD, VA or USDA - they'll say that is all the credit report is checked for. However lenders are free to take it one (or more) steps further, and that is what a lot are doing. They are also reviewing the non-borrowing spouse's credit to make sure that there isn't any major derogatory items such as a foreclosure, bankruptcy or short sale - and some lenders even care if there are tax liens & judgments too. If your credit is fine and doesn't have any of that, then nothing to worry about... but if any of that exists then you should definitely ask the loan officer what the purpose of them checking your credit would be.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
... 4 5 6 7 8 ...
Search Advice