Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure Clean Out Companies All Locations : Nationwide Real Estate Advice

  • All691K
  • Local Info58K
  • Home Buying254K
  • Home Selling41K
  • Market Conditions26K

Activity 359
Showing results for Foreclosure Clean Out Companies [Clear search]
Philip Roy, Real Estate Pro in Las Vegas, NV
Wed Apr 6, 2011
Philip Roy answered:

You might want to look at doing a Short Sale first. If your Realtor thinks that it is an option and that with your particular circumstances you can get Short Sale Approval, please consider doing it. If you do not want to do a Short Sale or you do not qualify, provided your listing Broker is setup to accept credit cards for services, I do not see why you couldn't pay with a credit card. However, the listing Broker may charge you a small fee to cover the merchant credit fee if they agree to do this. Please keep in mind though that it could require some paperwork and Escrow instructions to cover a coop commission fee. ... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Gary Meek, Real Estate Pro in Antelope, CA
Mon Feb 14, 2011
Gary Meek answered:
Your best bet is to look up a national company such as FAS which is Field Asset Services. They are the main company to do these type of things. they probably own over half the market share for clean outs. The other way is to call any local agents that look like they list foreclosures and offer your services. I personally get these requests all of the time, and they normally fall on deaf ears, as I already have my teams in place. Best of luck to you. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Ralph Windsc…, Real Estate Pro in Hauppauge, NY
Fri Feb 14, 2014
Ralph Windschuh answered:
You are in a position where the bank either already owns the property or will very shortly. Either way, this is an offer to leave the house in its present condition and move out without the intervention of law enforcement or other legal eviction proceedings. Sorry to hear this happened to you. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 21 answers Share Flag
Anna M Brocco, Real Estate Pro in Williston Park, NY
Mon Jul 15, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
In order to best protect yourself and any other assets you may have, it's in your best interest to consult with your attorney--if you bankruptcy attorney cannot help you, consider consulting with one that specializes in real estate. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Julie Laten, Real Estate Pro in Madison, AL
Mon Apr 18, 2011
Julie Laten answered:
There are no additional fees associated with foreclosures unless the home has been foreclosed on and the owner did not pay the taxes. This can play out one of two ways. 1 The new property owner (bank or government) will pay those taxes for you or you will need to pay those upon closing. Typically those are paid for you. Also, if the homestead exemption has expired you may pay a higher tax rate for the first year but will get that money refunded when you pay your taxes the following year. When you close on your new home you will be required to buy title insurance (this is true with any house) which will protect you from any title encumberance.

Hope this helps,
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Phil Rotondo, Real Estate Pro in Melbourne, FL
Thu Jan 20, 2011
Phil Rotondo answered:
Good Morning Magi;
Contact a local real estate agent in the proximity of the home. The agent will be able to get all the information you need about this property.
Good Luck.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Julie Britta…, Real Estate Pro in Atlanta, GA
Thu Jan 9, 2014
Julie Brittain answered:
Your bankruptcy must be "discharged." That's a wait anywhere from 2 to 4 years.

0 votes 53 answers Share Flag
Sally Grenier, Real Estate Pro in Boulder, CO
Sat Apr 2, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
Hi John,

I'm not familiar with that area, but I'd be happy to refer you to an agent who is. Let me know how I can help!

0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Tee Williams, Real Estate Pro in Portsmouth, VA
Sun Dec 11, 2011
Tee Williams answered:
Hello, My name is Tee Williams and I specialize in listing and selling REO's in the Hampton Roads area. Please contact me at you first opportunity at my direct number: 480.3VA.REOS or email me at ... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Anna M Brocco, Real Estate Pro in Williston Park, NY
Wed Jan 12, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Consider contacting the broker owner and or office manger of the realty company and express your concerns, ask to be unconditionally released, or ask to be assigned another agent from within for the duration of the contract--generally, it's the broker owner and or office manger that decide any contract terminations--if you had no visitors at all, do review comps--recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, if your price needs adjusting in order to be more competitive, do adjust accordingly; also review marketing strategies, do they maximize your exposure, if not adjust accordingly--if and when your listing price is adjusted, keep in mind that a home is worth what someone is willing to pay for it; it doesn’t matter what the seller needs or potential buyers can afford to spend; market conditions do matter as does the immediacy for a transaction to take place. ... more
0 votes 64 answers Share Flag
Tim Moore, Real Estate Pro in Kitty Hawk, NC
Sun Feb 20, 2011
Tim Moore answered:
You need the help of a good local Realtor to guide you in your market. Experience is key. Each market is different and since I don't know yours it is hard to say what to do, but remodeling would help it sell if you were not in a bind with cash. Based on your situation I am not sure I would throw money in the house at this point. I am thinking just wait for an offer that you can live with knowing it won't be top dollar. Your agent can help make the best choice and you might be able to do some simple modifications that don't cost too much - like removing that wall paper and painting. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Scott Godzyk, Real Estate Pro in Manchester, NH
Thu Mar 13, 2014
Scott Godzyk answered:
Ashley you should start with local agents who specialize in listing bank owned homes. you should be licensed if needed, have insurance and put together business card in literature of teh service yo offer. you should go in an meet the agnets as we get buried in phone calls every day and it is unlikely you will get any jobs from cold calling. When you make a contact offer free estomates, offer them a great price, quick service and do a good job, once you get in, then you should continue to get more work.

Please see my blog on how to get into the foreclosure business
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
David Cooper, Real Estate Pro in Los Angeles, CA
Tue Dec 4, 2012
David Cooper answered:
Boas: I have the same MLS listings as every Real Estate Agent, but what I can offer you is 16 investing experience, since 1994, in Las Vegas. My property management company has 10+ employees and has been in business for 25 years. There are houses available under $100,000, but if you go between $125,000 and $150,000, I can get you into better areas, meaning more qualified tennants, higher rents, and definitely better appreciation. I have a current recommended list, including some foreclosures and REO's

Call! David Cooper +1-702-499-7037
or Call! Cathy Rojas at Reatly One +1-702-355-8807
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Amy Lonas, Real Estate Pro in Woodstock, NY
Thu Dec 23, 2010
Amy Lonas answered:
Yes I believe you are correct. There are those buyers looking for bargains and of course everyone wants good value for their money - but there are buyers in our market looking for newer and especially "greener" construction as long as the home is designed well.

Amy Lonas
Associate Broker
Coldwell Banker Village Green
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Ryan Branden…, Real Estate Pro in Boca Raton, FL
Sun Dec 26, 2010
Ryan Brandenburger answered:
Title insurance is required by the lender. It protects the lender from any possible claims on the title prior to funding the loan. The insurance is only required up to the loan amount and not the purchase price, If a claim is made and the claimant is in the right, the lender would get all of its money back from the insurance company. Unless you purchased insurance up to the purchase price, you would lose your downpayment.

Considering there are few claims on title and very little paid out to claimants it is nothing more than a way for attorneys to make money.

I hope that info was usefull :)

I am a mortgage Originator in VT and if I can ever help give me a call!


... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Thu Mar 8, 2012
Don Tepper answered:
Often, it's because buying a foreclosure can take a lot of additional time and effort.

But beyond that, you've already laid down a pretty questionable criterion: You only want to purchase a foreclosed home. Generally, buyers specify the number of bedrooms and baths. And/or location. And/or school district. And/or garage or swimming pool or fenced yard. Certainly price. All of those relate directly to the needs of the buyer.

But restricting your search to foreclosures? Why not tell a Realtor that you only want to look at houses where the house number ends in an even digit? Or houses on streets named for trees (Elm, Oak, Pine, etc.). Or houses previously owned by someone who graduated from college?

Well, that's what you're doing. You're introducing a requirement that has nothing to do with the quality of the home or how it matches your needs. You're even saying that your primary concern isn't value. After all, there are plenty of good values in non-foreclosures, and not all foreclosures are good values.

Now, having said all that, there should be plenty of Realtors out there who are willing to work with you. (I'm pretty sure some will respond to your question here.) But you're ruling a lot of them out--and you're trying to jump over an unnecessary hurdle--when you announce that you only want to purchase a foreclosure.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Dianne Hicks, Real Estate Pro in Rancho Bernardo, CA
Sat Aug 20, 2011
Dianne Hicks answered:
You can purchase through the courts with CASH but understand there is a risk. You often do not even get to see what condition the house is and you may have to evict people which can be costly and time consuming. Once in a blue moon you can try to get the bank to cooperate but you will have better odds if you get a Realtor to go after the bank for you!!! Good Luck!!!

Kindest Regards
Dianne Hicks
HomeSmart Real Estate
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Jon Hegreness, Real Estate Pro in Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Jul 3, 2014
Jon Hegreness answered:
This is really a legal question that should be directed at an attorney. Please read the article I included below. To answer your question 7-14 days at the most before you would be removed according to this attorney in the article. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tni LeBlanc, Real Estate Pro in Santa Maria, CA
Fri Nov 5, 2010
Tni LeBlanc answered:
Because they want evicting the tenants to be your problem and not theirs! Just be aware that you may be buying a problem. Also in California, tenants have rights even when the home is foreclosed on. You would be purchasing subject to those rights. I'm sure it's the same in Florida. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Jill Hoover,  in Atlanta, GA
Wed Feb 8, 2012
Jill Hoover answered:
I would suggest searching some websites for foreclosure listings, and soliciting the agents who have them for sale - to get business. Good Luck!
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
... 4 5 6 7 8 ...
Search Advice