Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Broker Agreement All Locations : Nationwide Real Estate Advice

  • All702K
  • Local Info59K
  • Home Buying257K
  • Home Selling43K
  • Market Conditions26K

Activity 9,886
Showing results for Broker Agreement [Clear search]
Thu Apr 4, 2013
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS answered:
Oh my G....!

"Realtor doesn't have much experience. Any advice besides hiring a real estate attorney? Anyone have a story "

Do not take a new Realtor® to a short. At the poinof bankruptcy you should have bailed and let them know you would be back if they were able to get it released. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Ray Akers answered:
Late fees should be clearly spelled out in your lease agreement. I'm not sure there is any 'normal' fee. I would expect a late charge to be in the range of 5%, but that's just a guess. If you're having concerns about your rental agreement, or problems with your landlord try contacting the Seattle Tenant's Union. It's a non-profit agency that assists tenants. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 21, 2017
Julie Horvath answered:
Hi Reginald,
I would be happy to get you a letter today. Please call me at 740.602.3320 or on my office line at 866.901.3570. I am very experienced working with VA borrower's and look forward to working with you.
Julie A. Horvath
Northpointe Bank
Area Manager
555 Metro Place North, Suite 320
Dublin, OH 43017
NMLS ID: 563029
866.901.3570 phone
740.602.3320 mobile
866.901.3571 fax
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Sat May 4, 2013
Danielle Sharp answered:
REALTORs do not finance property, we sell them unless they also happen to be investors. If you need financing you may be able to find an investor willing to do so; an agent will be a good resource for this also since they may have a pool of investors looking to do these types of things.

Have you spoken with a lender about your ability to finance or what steps you would need to take to be mortgage ready?
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 9, 2013
James Bellile answered:
It depends on who you are, what you own, and, of course, the ever so important, where you own. Do you know the local laws? Do you know what an SRPD is? Did you know that having a real estate agent representative historically has averaged about an 18% greater return on the property sale than an FSBO? That's far less than they charge and avoids a lot of hassle.


James R. Bellile BS, RRG, SRS, ABR
iProperties International
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 12, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Not all agents are created equal; you can contact your agents broker owner and or office manager, express your all your concerns; you can ask to be released from the contract, or ask to be assigned another agent from within for the duration of that contract. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Fred Yancy answered:
You’ll have an expert to guide you through the process. Buying or selling a home usually requires disclosure forms, inspection reports, mortgage documents, insurance policies, deeds, and multi-page settlement statements. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal, and avoid delays or costly mistakes.

Get objective information and opinions. Real estate agents can provide local community information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. They’ll also be able to provide objective information about each property. A professional will be able to help you answer these two important questions: Will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?

Find the best property out there. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by your agent to find all available properties.

Benefit from their negotiating experience. There are many negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession, and inclusion or exclusion of repairs, furnishings, or equipment. In addition, the purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your agent can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.

Property marketing power. Real estate doesn’t sell due to advertising alone. In fact, a large share of real estate sales comes as the result of a practitioner’s contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, and family. When a property is marketed with the help of a real estate agent, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your agent will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.

Real estate has its own language. If you don’t know a CMA from a PUD, you can understand why it’s important to work with a professional who is immersed in the industry and knows the real estate language.

Real estate agents have done it before. Most people buy and sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each purchase. And even if you’ve done it before, laws and regulations change. Real estate agents, on the other hand, handle hundreds of real estate transactions over the course of their career. Having an expert on your side is critical.

Buying and selling is emotional. A home often symbolizes family, rest, and security — it’s not just four walls and a roof. Because of this, home buying and selling can be an emotional undertaking. And for most people, a home is the biggest purchase they’ll ever make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay focused on both the emotional and financial issues most important to you.

Fred Yancy, Broker
Crye-Leike Realtors
(678) 799-4663
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Gail Levin answered:
Its never too early to start shopping. I would suggest that you first start shopping around for a great Realtor who has your best interests at heart and one you can relate to. The market it very hot right now and being that there are multiple offers being given on all properties, a good agent will guide you in the right direction. Also, now is the time to find a good Mortgage Broker and start the process. I would be happy to help you in this regard as well as meet with you. Please contact me at Looking forward to hearing from you. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 15, 2014
Jane Peters answered:
There is not enough information to answer this question intelligently. The only time a seller or their agent is exempt from the TDS is if it is an REO or a probate, but even then I believe it has to actually be provided with the exemption status on it. If it is a regular sale the seller is obliged to provide a TDS with the listing agent's signature on it and the buyer and buyer's agent also sign. This is supposed to be provided before the inspection so the inspector can check out any information of concern on it. But again, there is not enough information here. ... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Laura Feghali answered:
Hi Jason,
You will need to work with a real estate agent and have your home listed on the MLS in order for your property to appear as for sale on the Trulia site. Trulia does not accept for-sale-by-owner postings. They say that this helps to cut down on scammers using the site .

Best wishes!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 10, 2014
Alan Walls answered:
I have worked with many mainland buyers, including from NY. Video tours are very easy to do. In fact now days many homes for sale already have video of them posted on YouTube. Search for homes on Maui for sale on my site and them search the address of the ones that interest you on YouTube. If there is not a video posted, I can make one for you easily. Email: ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 27, 2013
Juliana Lee answered:
Your question showed up under zip 95133 which is San Jose, California. I don't know Michigan law or practices but my advice would be do not pay rent to the Property Management company. Use the letter you received to get hold of the county and ask what they want you to do.

There is a possibility that the county could ask you for rent from the point they notified you that they were the owner. Paying money to the property management company could amount to throwing your money away and still needing to pay rent to the county. Also unfortunately you probably have lost your cleaning deposit. If your city or county has rent mediation set up, try and talk to someone to try and get your cleaning deposit back.

Juliana Lee
Top 2 agent nationwide at Keller Williams Realty

Over 30 years experience
Over 1,000 homes sold in Santa Clara and San Mateo counties
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Tommy Burris answered:
The answer to THATquestion will be explained in the promissory note of your loan.

I see NO REASON why you would have a pre-payment penalty.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 5, 2013
Bitania Girma answered:
Yes you can. If the items were stated on you RPA & both you & seller signed the contract.

Good luck!
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Hank Lauzon answered:

There are plenty of OWC homes for sale..
However,...they do incur certain risks that should be discussed ahead of time.

Also,....I have some excellent preferred lenders I work with who may be able to help you with your situation.

Information is the key for both scenarios....

Please call me when you have a moment and I would be happy to discuss the options...

Contact info is below....

Hank Lauzon III

Exit Las Vegas Realty Center
6600 W. Charleston #119
Las Vegas, Nv 89146

Cell 702-449-0899
Office 702-949-2409
Fax 702-543-6844

Web :


Never look down on anybody...unless you're helping them up.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 3, 2013
BHHS- Don Johnson answered:
As many as you can get an agreement for. Usually there is payment required but you can negotiate your extensions with either hard money or additional earnest money ~ best of luck !
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Neal Masters answered:
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Jason Campbell answered:
The standard form is a buyer's representation agreement. Almost every agent in San Antonio uses the same form

0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Rodney Mason answered:
I do not suggest doing lease purchases. There are simply way too many things that can go wrong with one from either side.

In order to do true owner financing, the owner must own the property free and clear of any mortgages. Very few sellers are going to be in that position.

If the property currently has a mortgage on it, the owner cannot legally transfer the title to a buyer without the mortgage first being paid in full. Most all mortgage loans have a due on sale clause. This due on sale clause requires that the mortgage be paid in full should a title transfer occur.

The buyer is also at great risk on a lease purchase transaction should the seller quit making their mortgage payments. Right now, many sellers cannot afford to make their mortgage payments or simply chose not to continue making them. I have seen where the buyer is making their rent payment, but then the owner is not paying the mortgage. The next thing the buyer knows is that the home is in foreclosure. That means the buyer will generally not get back any of the money they have given as earnest money or security deposits.

It is also a big risk on the buyer. If your credit is not where it needs to be now, there is no possible way of you knowing it will be acceptable in a set amount of time.

Before entering into any type of agreement like that, the buyer needs to make sure that they fully understand the potential pitfalls that could arise. Should the seller default on the mortgage, the buyer could lose ALL of the money that they have invested. Until you are able to purchase, renting is generally the safer option.

Working with a knowledgeable and seasoned loan officer is critical in today's market. Getting Pre-Qualified is the only way for you to find out your options to see if purchasing might be a possibility for you. To get Pre-Qualified for your purchase, you can submit your request online at

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
Apply Online at
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of mortgage lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 2, 2013
carlos parrague answered:
The deposit is usually for the Landlord to insure that upon your exit that you have not damaged the property excessively and that you are current in your rent. So, giving it to you before you actually leave seems to defeat the purpose. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice