Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Flood Insurance All Locations : Nationwide Real Estate Advice

  • All699K
  • Local Info59K
  • Home Buying256K
  • Home Selling42K
  • Market Conditions26K

Activity 1,399
Showing results for Flood Insurance [Clear search]
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Jeffrey Carlson answered:
No. TriBeCa is still a very solid neighborhood with a scarce amount of availability, so the demand is high. It's a sellers market and a great time for you to put your home on the market.

If I can be of assistance, please let me know!

Sarah Eggar
HOME New York
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jun 15, 2013
Eric Feifer answered:
Solomon's Creek is an issue for a very small section of Wilkes-Barre. The Susquehanna river could potentially cause more damage, but is protected by a levee. Your insurance company can give you a better idea of flood insurance costs for homes affected by both bodies of water. The majority of Wilkes-Barre is outside the flood plain. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 31, 2014
melba.tabor answered:
If you choose to build on land that is located in a flood zone, you will be required to carry flood insurance based on the flood zone. Contact FEMA and ask them for directions on removing the land from the flood zone. If you can find a piece of the land that could be surveyed providing the required information from FEMA, they will let you know if you can remove the structure of the home from the flood zone.
I would love to talk with you regarding your mortgage needs if you decide to build on this land.

Melba Tabor
licensed mortgage loan officer
nmls #153509
Angel Oak Funding, LLC
Cell: 229-834-2452
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Adolfo "A.D." Diaz answered:
Will the property be owner occupied or strickly investments? I have used Premier Mortgage Consultants for many of my commercial deals, great guys and great at what they do. Worth a call to see what they can do. Good luck, please let me know I can do anything to help?

Premier Mortgage Consultants
Public Relations Manager
877-276-8323 toll free
239-542-8800 office
866-739-3020 fax
239-910-7829 cell
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 25, 2013
Tim Moore answered:
Look, here is the bottom line on flood insurance. Unless you use Lloyd's of London and pay 10 times what FEMA charges, then your choice is FEMA. That's really all you got here and any agent will be meaningless since they all use the same FEMA insurance. The only difference is where you mail the check, the agent then pays FEMA so it does not matter, it's all FEMA. If you have a claim your agent does not come out, they send a FEMA agent so the agent you mail your check to is irrelevant. Use the same agent you have your home owners insurance or car insurance with. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 25, 2013
Curtis Lee answered:

The answer to your questions is yes and could be. It's an awful lot of information to try and answer here, call me @ 800-594-3315 ext2 and I can answer your questions fully.

I specialize in BHW waterfront homes, most the new construction ones.

I'd be very happy to speak with you.

Curtis Lee
Prudential Zack Shore Properties.
Office:609-597-6464 ext 1268
Cell: 609-709-2866
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 24, 2013
Michael Hammond answered:
Where is the effluent now going instead of to the "detention lot" which you refer? Please call, text or email if we can provide further assistance. Good Luck!

Michael Hammond
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 3, 2014
Valentina Gabela answered:

If the zone was changed to more severe flood zone and the base elevation is not at that height then the insurance will rise unless you raise the home.

Almost all homes in the USA qualify for flood insurance through FEMA with 2 exceptions and they are very remote places I never heard of. The problem is the premiums for houses that are not at the base flood elevations mandated by the FEMA charts. The highest premium could be $31,000 but that is in areas where homes were completely devastated.

There are charts to show the base elevations on the new FEMA maps
go to
This home had a Base 'Flood Elevation of 6 feet before the new advisory maps. This home was probably paying a small premium because it appears to be lower than 6 ft elevation from the picture.

The new advisory maps(which are not mandated yet but probably in 2013-14) show a ABFE of 10 feet. Meaning if Lavalette enforces the new advisory maps then you will need to either raise your home to 10 feet or pay a higher insurance premium. Oh and watch the height restrictions!! When you raise your home be careful not to go past height restrictions.

Good news is FEMA is giving up to $30,000 for primary homeowners to raise their house if they qualify. Bad news is trying to find a company to do it for that price.

Hope this helps
If you are not working with an agent give me a call and I can assist you.

Best regards,
Val Gabela
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Eladia answered:
Hi, no 123 Riverwalk is not in flood zone, and the association fees are around $250
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 23, 2014
Alison Blanchard answered:
I can help you look into some properties in our area, and see if we can find something that suits you. If you would like I can forward you some properties. You can give me a call at 228-363-2478.

... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 17, 2013
allan erps,ABR,SFR answered:
Do not know but crimes is a blanket statement from something bad to somebody stealing a newspaper. Investigate more thoroughly by going to the local police dept or talking to neighbors of that community. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 18, 2013
Michael Arleth answered:

I'm not certain which property you are referring to? You can email me directly at and I will get back to you.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Terry McCarley answered:
This property is already under contract. Please email me at or call me at239-707-4575 with any questions you may have.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 3, 2014
Debra Barker answered:
It's the market and the fact that people just aren't interested in fixer uppers much these days. I'm sure the flooding chances are in the back of people's minds, too. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 17, 2013
Carol Claudon answered:
According to the MLS information, the monthly fees for this unit are posted as $195 per month. This listing is showing as, "Active With Contract." Good luck with your search for a home. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 18, 2013
Bob Hood answered:
Taxes on Johns Island tend to be a little less than other areas because it is a little more rural. It's hard to be specific until you have a property in mind. But generally a 175K primary home would roughly be (and this is an estimate only) about 1000 to 1200/year. Insurance is a little harder to estimate because there are so many factors, such as elevation of home, what type of zone, etc that have to be determined. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Bill Feehan- SELL & SAVE on COMMISSIONS! answered:
If anyone is thinking of selling their home that is now in a flood zone, you will need to get a Flood Elevation Certificate. A buyer can still get a mortgage, but the mortgage company will require flood insurance. If the home is below the ABFE, the new home owner's flood primium will increase for every fott below the ABFE. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 15, 2013
Charles Dailey answered:
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Heather Moriah Martin answered:
It depends on where the home is located - the entire city of Easton is NOT in a flood zone but those homes built along the river may be - but it wi be a case by case situation.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice