Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Flood Insurance All Locations : Nationwide Real Estate Advice

  • All691K
  • Local Info58K
  • Home Buying254K
  • Home Selling41K
  • Market Conditions26K

Activity 1,399
Showing results for Flood Insurance [Clear search]
Tammy Hayes, Real Estate Pro in Port Charlotte, FL
Wed Apr 24, 2013
Tammy Hayes answered:
You can search for the flood zone of any property by typing in the address at

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
RE/MAX Palm Realty
941-276-6185 ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Danielle Sha…, Real Estate Pro in Cape Coral, FL
Wed Aug 13, 2014
Danielle Sharp answered:
The Lee county site is full of great information about flood zones including maps.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Alfredo Yaffe, Real Estate Pro in Aventura, FL
Tue Sep 27, 2016
Alfredo Yaffe answered:
We have several Russian Speakers in our office.
You can contact Berdy Hanov 786 352 2954
Yaffe International Realty
0 votes 52 answers Share Flag
Preston Russ, Real Estate Pro in Cape San Blas, FL
Sat Jan 11, 2014
Preston Russ answered:
The national flood insurance program is not available on Cape San Blas, so if your mortgage company requires you to carry flood insurance, the private flood insurance premiums can run $6,000 to $15,000 annually depending on property value and elevation. If you are in the X flood zone you generally are not required to carry flood coverage saving you substantial money. Let us know if we can answer other questions about Cape San Blas. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Brian Diehl, Real Estate Pro in Verona, NJ
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Brian Diehl answered:
Hello Petra,
The property at 233 Little Falls Road in Fairfield requires flood insurance (if you buy the house with a mortgage). It is not currently on the market.

If you are not currently working with a Realtor, I'd be glad to give you some assistance.

You can call or text me any time and I'll be glad to help.

Brian Diehl
Prudential New Jersey Properties
West Essex Office
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Gregorio Den…,  in San Diego, CA
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Gregorio Denny answered:
Unfortunately, that is impossible to answer since they can be structured with varying types of seconds. Without knowing the type and terms of the second it would be impossible and irresponsible to quote a rate. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Nereida Figu…, Real Estate Pro in Miami, FL
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Nereida Figueroa answered:
Homeowner's Insurance is needed due to your lender is going ask you to insure your property. If you don't buy homeowner's insurance them no loan (required it all the time). If you paid all cash and no lender involved you can decided no to have it.

Bank/Lender need you to insure your property because, replacement costs.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Michael Adams, Real Estate Pro in Belle Mead, NJ
Tue May 28, 2013
Michael Adams answered:
Dear subbaraoka,

You may wish to insert the property address at: http:// to learn whatever risk there there might be. You can also call toll free: 1-888-379-9531

I hope that you find the site to be helpful. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Leo Zuniga, Real Estate Pro in Peoria, AZ
Thu Mar 12, 2015
Leo Zuniga answered:
I'm happy to review your good faith estimate for you.....origination is usually only 1% of the loan your case $2475. Closing costs are also generally 2.5-3% of the sales your case they should only be about $8250. I can give you my professional opinion if you'd like to email or fax your good faith estimate over.

Leo Zuniga
P - 602-332-0420
F - 623-565-8018
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Ben Radjeski, Real Estate Pro in Palm Harbor, FL
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Ben Radjeski answered:
Ms/Mrs Flood,

Based on the information provided; as well as some other units listed, I do not believe this community allows pets.

The monthly fee of $294 includes: Building Exterior, Community Pool, Escrow Reserves, Grounds Maintenance, Building Insurance, Manager, Roof, Recreation Facilities, Trash Removal, and Water/Sewer!

In 2012, due to homestead exemption, the owner paid $98 in taxes for the entire year!

Right now is a great time to buy a condo. Please feel free to call or e-mail me. I look forward to helping you find your next home!

Ben Radjeski
Keller Williams Realty
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Michael Tess…, Real Estate Pro in Fremont, CA
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Michael Tessaro answered:
If you need further information contact the person who prepared the report most of these companies have people on staff who can answer most questions and if not get you the answer. The risks are hard to determine and each person will make those decisions differently but what you have to consider is how long the dam has been there, how far away are you from the dam and what is the likely hood it would break or fail and flood the home you are considering. As for taxes I don't believe this has any impact on your property taxes as the taxes are calculated based on your purchase price. As for insurance you need to see if flood insurance is required by contacting a good insurance person but my guess is that it is not required and if it really worries you then you might ask how much would flood insurance cost.
Good luck and best wishes in your new home,
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Christopher…, Real Estate Pro in Tarrytown, NY
Thu Aug 15, 2013
Christopher Pagli answered:
You can contact the town and easily get that info.

0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Michael Hend…, Real Estate Pro in Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Wed Mar 13, 2013
Michael Henderson answered:
It is covered in the association fee, content insurance is an additional cost if needed.
Below is a link to some good condos in the same area and price range

email me if you are interested in additional information
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Lance King, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA
Sat May 4, 2013
Lance King answered:
probably because they want to make sure that you will be able to afford the property including all costs, especially if you are looking at places with high HOA fees.
0 votes 24 answers Share Flag
Tom Carpenter, Real Estate Pro in Wheeling, WV
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Tom Carpenter answered:
You would need to get a quote from an insurance company. It depends on how much value they are insuring.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Matt Laricy, Real Estate Pro in Chicago, IL
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Matt Laricy answered:
Look at what they offer. Dont just look at the rate, look at the charges, closing costs, etc.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Suzanne MacD…, Real Estate Pro in Morristown, NJ
Wed Mar 13, 2013
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
You should contact a CPA or tax preparer before you decide to rent the house and ask them. Taxes are not something realtors specialize in, that is the specialty of CPAs.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Edith Karoli…, Real Estate Pro in Winnetka, IL
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Edith Karoline Jasser answered:
I suggest you work with a local Realtor, not only might the Realtor know, if not he or she can find out for you, or you can contact the local zoning/Building department once you have an exact address, they will know if is located in a flood zone, which then will require to have flood insurance, you should get also
exact information through your buyers agent (Realtor who just works for you the buyer) how high the
general home insurance in that area and for that type of home is in that area of Florida. Just be careful
it is never just about the price for a home, lots of other items to consider.... work with an experienced
professional Realtor!
Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more or
Check out my website at
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Penny Bradley, Real Estate Pro in Bloomfield Hills  MI...
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Penny Bradley answered:
Hello Nora

I can check tomorrow if this property is in a flood zone or not. Are you looking for an investment property or for yourself to move into?
Please do not hesitate to call me at 586 663-3433 or email
Best Regards
Penny Bradley
Associate Broker
RE/MAX in the Hills
direct 586 663-3433
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Andrew Tisel…, Real Estate Pro in clifton, NJ
Sun Mar 10, 2013
Andrew Tisellano answered:
according to the flood map it borders a 500 yr flood zone.
Even if the house does not get water it may be difficult to get to the house when the area floods.

This is a rental so if you are concerned about your belongings you would need additional insurance but it is possible this house has never been flooded.

If you are concerned about the inconvenience of getting to and from the house, then you should not rent it, because it more than likley be a problem in that area.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice