Home Buying in Saint Charles>Question Details

Wushu, Other/Just Looking in Blue Springs, MO

Do I have to get city council permit to add an another bedroom and bathroom to a 3bed/1bath single family?

Asked by Wushu, Blue Springs, MO Thu May 29, 2008

ranch home in St.Charles, MO? Or what is the procedure should I follow to add an extra room or bath in St.Charles County or St.Louis County?

Help the community by answering this question:


You need to go to your local municipality and talk to their planning dept. MOST municipalities require you to get a building permit, submit blue prints, have them OK the plans and have the work inspected at intervals throughout the process to ensure that quality work is being done and that everything is being done to code standards. Many will require you to use licensed contractors. You won't know what your municipality requires until you talk to them, so that is your first step and most important step. If you are using a contractor, they may handle that step for you (but be sure that they are not skipping that step because if they are you could be in serious problems later on)
Web Reference: http://www.yourstlhome.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 29, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer