Reading into what you've indicated she's saying, it sounds as if the builder is willing to wait for you to get a loan.
Read your contract carefully. If it still doesn't make sense, your best bet is probably going to be to get the advice of an attorney.
I wish I could help more. I understand your nervousness.
I am getting nervous since I have 3 days left before it expires and I have not finalized a loan yet. She tried to reassure me that my money is safe as long as I have not signed. However, I did a little research and found that if the builder does not sign then I also cannot get the money. This does not help me if my money is in limbo. Please let me know. Thanks.