Crime & Safety in Florida>Question Details

Stan Stockda…, Home Buyer in Florida


Asked by Stan Stockdale, Florida Wed Jan 23, 2008

If there were 4 names on a title deed, and two of the names had the land re-surveyed and divided up into 4 lots, adding only their names to the new lots, without permission of the other two names, the county registered the change without quit claim deeds, can we get this overturned? what can we do as the injured parties? should the County have checked the documents?

Help the community by answering this question:


Stan ,

Not being an attorney my immediate reaction to your question is "Yes". Simply put if it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck it is a duck.
Now before you go shooting yourself in the foot and taking my advice visiting your sharp shooter attorney could save you a piece of mind and stop us us from both looking like "dodo birds".

Bulls Eye.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 28, 2010
Changing the description of the property doesn't really change the ownership.

However, an attorney is relatively cheap, and if those two partners are engaging in shenanigans, it's better (and cheaper) to solve that problem now rather than later.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue May 11, 2010
Seems like there is a chain of title that was broken and should be fairly easy to correct.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue May 11, 2010
Jennifer's correct. You need a good real estate attorney.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 23, 2008
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
I would contact a title company or real estate attorney. Where is the property located. Maybe I can recommend someone.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 23, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer