Tech Tips in 60619>Question Details

Eddie, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

What's available to a developer who refuses to take legal action against those who refuse to pay assessments?

Asked by Eddie, Chicago, IL Tue Apr 29, 2008

0 votes Share Flag Tech Tips in 60619

Help the community by answering this question:


Eddie, does the developer still control the association? And if I understand your question the lien is what he is unwilling to do i.e "refuses to take legal action". The unit owners will not be able to transfer title without a paid in full assesment letter from the association or developer regardless.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 30, 2008
He can place a lien on the property so that the owner cannot sell the property until all back assessments are paid.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 29, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Illinois > Cook County > Chicago > 60619 > Tech Tips in 60619 > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer