Property Q&A in Texas>Question Details

Tilly Buchan…, Both Buyer and Seller in Arlington, TX

I am selling property in Hidalgo County but I live in Tarrant County- should the wording at the top of the

Asked by Tilly Buchanan, Arlington, TX Thu Feb 5, 2009

deed read: State of Texas County of Tarrant Know all men by thes Present...etc. or State of Texas County of Hidalgo..Know to all Men? This is just a lot - nothing on the lot.

Help the community by answering this question:


Consider for a moment where all deeds are recorded and the answer will come to you.

However, Bruce is right. An attorney drafts deeds and other legal paperwork for a conveyance. You should use a title company attorney or your own attorney to create a deed. Drafting a deed normally is no more than $100 or so.

You know what they say -- an accused man who chooses to act as his own attorney has a fool for a client.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 6, 2009
The title company will take care of this for you. I don't think you should prepare a deed yourself. That's pretty risky I would think. Have an attorney or title company do it for you.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 5, 2009
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Texas > Property Q&A in Texas > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer