Home Buying in 91932>Question Details

Carmen, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

Im receiving Worker's Compensation for an injury I had in my job 6 years ago. I'll be having cervical surgery

Asked by Carmen, San Diego, CA Mon Feb 2, 2009

and will not be able to go back to work, if I'm even ever allowed to do so, for at least a year. Can my WC be considered when I apply for a mortgage loan? We will be paying the same we do for rent right now, so we don't see the point of giving away money when we can actually own. Thank you

Help the community by answering this question:


I, too, am sorry to hear that you were so severally injured. It all depends on the lender. For the most part, income is income and for you, WC is your income currently. I think that it is a dependable source as well. You will want to ask lenders.
Mark Leach | http://www.kaplanandgrant.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 20, 2015
I'm sorry to hear that you had a accident on your job six years ago. I'm glad that your employer was willing to support you with workers compensation. I've heard that some lawyers refuse to pay those fees. If that was the case, I would encourage you to hire a workers compensation lawyer. http://www.prediletto.net/workers.html
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 18, 2014
I would get a lawyer who knows his stuff. They will be able to answer your question a lot better that this site. I would say that it would be the right idea but again I wouldn't know. http://ransomgilbertson.com/workers-compensation/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 16, 2014
This is a good question. It is important to hire a lawyer to help guide you through this process. They will be able to help you know what you can and can't do. Thanks for sharing! http://www.johnlozanoattorney.com/irving/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 24, 2014
I used to think I had a pretty solid grasp on workers compensation, but the older I get the more I realize I don't yet know. My co-worker was injured on the job and a claim was filed. She was able to get some compensation for awhile, but the complexities of the program are pretty interesting. I'm not sure how it will affect your loan. http://www.marzella-law.com/workers--compensation.html
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 26, 2014
Hi Carmen,

I would suggest that you speak to a bank or even two. With all of the changes in the banking industry their requirements differ from one bank to another. They should be able to help you in making this decision.
Take care and good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 17, 2010
Hello Carmen,

You need to talk to a lender to get the answer to your question.

Best of luck,

Mark & Kari Shea
Web Reference: http://shea-realestate.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 4, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer