faith, Home Buyer in Saint Clair Shores, MI

i have a court ordered eviction. I have 10 days to vacate the premises. Is there any way to extend the 10?

Asked by faith, Saint Clair Shores, MI Thu Jun 26, 2008

days. I have nowhere to go....

Help the community by answering this question:


Most courts will not overturn a ruling of another judge with out concrete evidence like, a lease agreement that has not expired, canceled checks that show you have paid your rent on time. I would consult with a attorney just do a consultation should cost you 100 dollars for about 30 min, but 99.9% of the time if it"s a court ordered eviction my suggestion to you is, start looking for another place to live and fast.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 17, 2011
An Attorney will cost much more than an Extended stay! But yeah if you think are are being wrongly evicted get an attorney.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 26, 2008
You were just given the best advise. You need to get the advise of an attorney.
I too, wish you the best!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 26, 2008
As a Realtor and not a legal professional, the best advise I can give you is to get an Attorney to provide you that answer. Good luck and I hope it works out for you. Just so you know, I work REO's and sometimes I am maybe tasked with a forced eviction, it's not pretty. If you're not out by the day on your notice, expect the owner, or at least a representative of the owner and possibly a constable or some other law enforcement officer at your door. I can't strees enough, you need to get an Attorney!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 26, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer