Home Buying in San Jose>Question Details

Jamie, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

Can anyone recommend a structural engineer in San Jose? Thanks!

Asked by Jamie, San Jose, CA Thu Jan 22, 2009

I am purchasing a home and just got the termite report. There is extensive termite activity and I want to make sure it hasnt damaged the structure.

Help the community by answering this question:


Contact: W.H. Yang, Structural Engineer, by phone: 408.329.8787 or email: w.h.yang@hotmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 29, 2011
You can contact Design Everest at info@designeverest.com or (650)793-4140. Their website is http://www.designeverest.com. They provide excellent engineering at affordable costs and with quick turnaround.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 19, 2010
Alex Rood or Mike Hicks over at Fulcrum Structural Engineering.

Their office is in San Francisco but do a fair amount of work down your way. They are very thorough and their prices are fair. (415) 543-0161 x21
Web Reference: http://www.fulcrumse.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 12, 2010
Hello Jamie,
I have been a broker working in the East Foothills for over 20 years and I have used many Structural Engineers. My favorite is Walt Larrabee. He'snot the cheapest but he is the best. His number is 408.364.9000 I would talk to him before making a choice.
Good Luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 26, 2009

If your concerns are to do with Foundation/Structural concerns, give Ed Jones - Edwards Construction cell phone 408-595-2915 and Make appts at the office 408-985-0731 Edward Jones, he is excellent in his assessment and repair work with permits and City Inspections as needed.
Do contact him and let him know I referred him to you.
Contact me if I canhelp i any other way,
Nina Daruwalla
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 23, 2009

You might want to tru taking a look at http://www.linkedin.com

It's a website for professionals that offer services that includes recommendationa and comments about their quality of workmanship.

It might be worth a look.

Good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 23, 2009
Jamie -

I second Alan Huntzinger. 650-327-3900

If your concerns are specific to floor joist etc the pest inspector can give you a lot of information about what needs/should be replaced. If you believe that the walls or foundation have been placed at risk, a foundation expert may help.

Here are names of different foundation professionals I have used in addition to Alan.
Larabee & Associates - 364-9000
Edwards Construction - 985-0731
Huck's Construction - 298-2374

Everyone in the real estate biz have opinions about these folks. Make sure you ask your agent for their recommendation.

If you are looking for a general contractor that can discuss re-framing/walls etc., I would talk to Sean Adamson
General Contractor - 978-7594

Good luck.
Web Reference: http://www.TalkToCJ.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 23, 2009
ACH Engineer - Alan Huntsinger

He is very knowledgeable and is a good value.

If you need any more resources feel free to call or email us.

Warmest regards,
Eric & Janelle
Web Reference: http://www.boyenga.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 22, 2009
Kevin O'Keefe at 650-378-2425
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 22, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer