Foreclosure in Sacramento>Question Details

Theresa Moran, Other/Just Looking in Roseville, CA

I was told that if you are renting a home and it goes into forclosure the bank (or lender) will pay for your

Asked by Theresa Moran, Roseville, CA Sun Dec 16, 2007

moving expenses. Is this true?

Help the community by answering this question:


I can only speak from my personal expierence and I give cash for keys to all people that are living in homes in order to get them out as soon as possible, if the tenant however, becomes difficult in terms of moving out, we just start the eviction process. I would not use it as a profit center, but a lot of banks, World Savings/Wachovia, Countrywide, etc. will offer money so you don't wreck the house.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 18, 2007
Hi Theresa. As Elizabeth said, the bank has no responsibility to help you move. They also have no responsibility in California to abide by an existing lease. Sometimes rather than go through a proper eviction, the bank will offer the tenants an agreed apon amount to move, "cash for keys." This speeds up the process, prevents an eviction and is usually less expensive for the bank.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 17, 2007
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer