Home Buying in Michigan>Question Details

Kimberly, Home Buyer in Ypsilanti, MI

my husband is unfortunalty about to foreclose on his home, we just got married in Sept of 09. im not on his

Asked by Kimberly, Ypsilanti, MI Thu Jan 22, 2009

mortgage, my credit is decent can i buy a home

Help the community by answering this question:


Yes you can apply for a mortgage in your name, however lenders will only be able to consider YOUR income towards qualifying for a new home, as opposed to the combined income of you and your husband. Speak with someone local who works with a reputable company.

I work for Countrywide and we are located right on Washtenaw Ave on the Ypsi/Ann Arbor border. Feel free to give me a shout if you need some help


0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 23, 2009
You may be able to. You need to speak with a trusted mortgage broker to see what your options are.

I am a mortgage broker. If I can be of service, please let me know!

Martin Smith

Precision Funding
877-238-6324 Ext 704
877-238-6324 FAX
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 22, 2009
If you qualify on your income alone to buy a home and you have decent credit you should be able to purchase.

I am sure this is very stressful for both of you and I am sorry you are going through this.
Web Reference: http://miOaklandCounty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 22, 2009
Maureen Fran…, Real Estate Pro in Birmingham, MI
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer