Home Selling in 33990>Question Details

Enrique Ramos, Other/Just Looking in 613 se 23 st cape co...

House in short sale.

Asked by Enrique Ramos, 613 se 23 st cape coral, fl 33990 Sun Feb 1, 2009

I'm living a rented house. We received a document saying that the owner had to go the court, because the house was being proccessed to be in short sale. I would like know if i should still be paying the "owner" of the house. And if i stopped paying, what would happen to me?.

Help the community by answering this question:


You should consult with an attorney , however, I think that you still obligated as by the term of the lease contract to pay your monthly rent to the person named on the lease. Please contact me if you have any further questions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 1, 2009

You may want to contact an Attorney for advice on the document. Without knowing what it says, I can tell you that usually you should never stop paying your rent if you are under the terms of a lease as you could be evicted. If your relationship is good with your Landlord you might ask them what is going on. Otherwise, I would seek the advice of a real estate attorney and make sure you take the document with you (they might just ask you to email or fax them a copy).

One attorney in the Miami area my office works with is:
Alfredo Garcia Menocal of Success Title - 305-553-3464 They may not charge anything just for a telephone consult.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 1, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer