It feels like neither buyer nor seller agents are doing much to encourage a transaction. What gives?
While price is always the biggest factor here are a few more tips. You only have one chance for a first impression. It's like dating, you know you're very interested in them, so make sure you do not give them any reason not to call you back! Even with a good reasonable price, you can definitely turn off potential buyers with missteps.
1. Make sure you are not over staging or staging to specific tastes. Keep it neutral.
2. Less and understated is considerably 'more' unless for instance, you have an unusually out of place or large room.
3. Depersonalize as much as possible. Can you live without any family pictures and your name on the door for some time? Probably.
4. Do NOT be there for showings.
5. Hide pets (be very cautious of odors!)
6. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN - think senses: sight, touch, smell. Clean does NOT mean air fresheners or cleaning smells etc... So many people have different preferences and even allergies. Stick with something safer like real baked cookies if you want something to smell good.
Why? They need to feel emotionally comfortable, that they are not intruding on someone else's space, but visualize it as THEIR space. Your tastes and personal belongings can make that more difficult. Most of all don't offend their senses and comfort.
7. Lastly, make sure your agent is getting feedback. Maybe there is one thing you could 'fix' that really stands out in a negative way.
Check out my facebook page for hints and tips also.
https://www.facebook.com/AHIRealty ~ serving NW Indiana and beyond.
We get about 1 showing per week. The feeedback has been as a whole good. One realtor did say it was overpriced, but we have since reduced it.
We are thinking of drastically lowering the price as Cindi mentioned. We think this may be ou best bet at this point, to generate some more interest.
If so the quickest way is always to lower the price. If not try stepping up the marketing first before dropping the price again. Have you received any feedback from the people who have shown it? Are other houses in the area selling? I guess the bottom line is I need more information before I can give you helpful advice.