Property Q&A in Milford>Question Details

Mira, Both Buyer and Seller in Howell, MI

How could I get a true market value on vacant land?

Asked by Mira, Howell, MI Wed Feb 4, 2009

I purchased 2 acres of land in 2007 and the value has continued to fall. I would like to figure the true value for tax reasons. I need to know if I am paying more for property taxes than I should have to pay?

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Mira- This is in Milford, Mass I assume?
I agree- hiring an appraiser would be a good place to start. Might be worth the $300 or so in fees.
Also, a Broker Price Opinion- usually runs $75- $100- might be another, cheaper way.
I used to be in RE development, and I'd be happy to take a look at it and what else is around town and let you know what I think. That's not official, but it might help- along with your 2007 town assessment.
Thanks, and good luck,

Ken L.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 4, 2009
Vacant lots are little different than obtaining comp's homes for sale posted in MLS Best contact an appraiser it would cost approx. $300 - or + therefore you have true market value.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 4, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer