Question Details

Cam, Home Buyer in California

Hi guys, great site! I am a Canadian working here under an H1B and my company is in the process of

Asked by Cam, California Sun Aug 17, 2008

sponsoring my green card (about a year into it now). I intend to move to the US as a legal resident once the paperwork has completed but am interested in purchasing a home in the near future. As a Canadian, what kind of loans would I qualify for if I am still under H1B status? I would only be able to get approx. 3-5% together for a down payment, does this put me out of any mortgage programs? My FICO scores are in the 760-780 range if it makes any difference. This would be my first home. Thanks!

Help the community by answering this question:


I would recommend a great realtor in California (outside of San Francisco) who does a superb job. She is very knowledgeable about all aspects of real estate in that vicinity and can probably connect you with a lender who can assist you. She has done a great deal of relocation work, and frequently they are with individuals who are relocating due to work. Her name is Kelly DeYoreo--look her up on the internet and give her a call or drop her a line. Good luck--if I can assist you any further, do not hesitate to call on me.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 18, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer