Home Buying in Virginia>Question Details

Lisa, Home Buyer in Harrisonburg, VA

where do I get free listing of government tax foreclosures properties in the Eastern Virginia region?

Asked by Lisa, Harrisonburg, VA Mon Jun 30, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:



I don't think that there is any one single place that lists all of the properties that you might want to investigate: HUD & VA owned properties, IRS liens, seizures, REO homes, pre-foreclosures, tax lien sales, etc., but here are a few ideas:

* for US Government properties, go to http://www.homesales.gov
* for property tax liens/sales you might try individual county or incorporated city websites for info, but I don't have any direct experience in this
* if you live in the area, you can go to the land records department in each jurisdiction and search for pending foreclosures on the public access computers. When I go, I search for Subsitute Trustee filings, as the are usually the first step in the system for pending foreclosure. This is where sites like RealtyTrac.com get their info that they then sell.
* you can also Google a lender by name, go to there website and see if they have REO properties in the area you are interested. If you see something you like, you will generally be directed back to the listing agent for that property
* as Lynn mentioned, you should contact a Realtor, who can help you locate properties. Don't rule out a short sale, which may not show up anywhere but in the MLS, as these can be a great oportunity.

Hope this helps you out, drop us a line if you have any other questions,

AJ Heidmann, ABR, CRS, e-PRO
Cell 703-474-1260 Fax 703-518-8314 Toll Free 877-727-3631
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, Old Town Alexandria
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 30, 2008
You can also locate a realtor who can forward you foreclosures in MLS
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 30, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer