General Area in Easton>Question Details

Lindsey, Home Seller in 18042

I could not sell my home. I am trying to rent it out ASAP. SHould I allow section 8? if so how do I go

Asked by Lindsey, 18042 Thu Jun 26, 2008

about getting that?

Help the community by answering this question:


Section 8 rent subsidies are made by your local HUD office. Contact them and they will give you the criteria of habitability, they will inspect to be sure the unit complies and then they will send you screened applicants. Set you asking rent at the high end of the market, but with in comparable market rates. The renter will be asked to pay a portion of the rent based on their income and the program will pay the balance.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 27, 2008
Jed Lane, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA
Section 8 renters work with HUDs and can be quite helpful in renting out your home ad they do screen the recipients and make sure your home fit their criteria also.

I just helped a section 8 renter purchase a starter home through the Marin Housing Authority who assited them with the section 8 program as renters.

The family is a wonderful, hardworking family with parents owning a local small business and three boys who are wonderful and very accomplished students, but Marin housing market is tough and Section 8 was able to help them. I went to the house they were renting, and they kept it immaculate inside and out.

The Marin Housing Authority helped them pay part of the mortgage and advised them throughout the purchase process.

I think it always helps to explore the program.

Sylvia .
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 27, 2008
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin, CA
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer